What's new

Which one?

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know which one did you like better?
Regards

#1


#2
 
Personally, I like the first one (colour) more for its information content, but the sepia-toned one is more "stylish". What's the story behind this building, and where is it located?
 
I actually prefer number 1 more than 2 but normally I prefer black and white or monochrome to color images. both look nice but the color conveys elements that the monochrome image seems to be missing.
 
I have to say the colour version with more saturation and with a crop off the top for sure and possibly off the bottom also, the sky was not your friend on this day.

The sepia doesn't work for me, for this kind of conversion to really work you need white whites and black blacks in the subject, here your white is the sky and it is doing you no favors, it makes your subject all midtones and not pop.
 
The second one (but cropped closer to the building) because this image, it seems to me, is about shapes and patterns, not about color. I think I'd also boost the highlights a bit.
 
My first reaction is for #1.

But the second one could really succeed if it had more of an old-time look than just the sepia conversion (ie, spots, rips, worn spots, etc.)
 
The first one for me, but I agree with Ken about a closer crop.

Is there any chance you can recover the blown-out sky?
 
First impression #1 but the second with a bit more umph (contrast?) might be it.
 
Don't care, but 2 looks vintage
 
#1 look nice!
 
Not a fan of either to be honest. The original image looks too overexposed.
 
Personally, I like the first one (colour) more for its information content, but the sepia-toned one is more "stylish". What's the story behind this building, and where is it located?

Thank you pgriz; this is presently a museum, known as Kanakakkunnu kottaram (meaning Golden Hill Palace) situated at the heart of Trivandrum city, the state capital of Kerala; it was the Durbar hall at the time of kingly reign. Regards :D
 
I actually prefer number 1 more than 2 but normally I prefer black and white or monochrome to color images. both look nice but the color conveys elements that the monochrome image seems to be missing.

Thank you Sam; i want to try a B&W also
Regards :D
 
#1 definitely! Love the colors and detail! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom