Which photo works best here?

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I slipped out this morning to snap some photos down at the Scarborough Bluffs and ended up with two shots of the same scene. Problem is, being entirely biased I'm not sure which is the better shot. I'm hoping to get some subjective opinions. Feel free to critique the shots, too. Thanks in advance.

Park-251-EDIT.jpg

Park-254-EDITa.jpg

Oh I like the first one as well!

I prefer the first one

first one - more of the 'ground' and less sky - 2nd one has too much sky

i like the leading lines of the first better.

1st one.. because theres less sky... but i like the second one because of the pathway... the angle is better..

First one, because the second one has something distracting behind the bush on the left.
Alex

Thanks everyone. I prefer the first one too. For me it's all about the line of the fence. The first one has a stronger line. I also think there's a better balance between land and sky. But don't get me wrong, I think the second one is a strong contender for 2nd place. :) Oddly, I've had two votes on my blog and both prefer the second one. Nothing's ever easy, is it?

I think there is defiantly a consensus on number one. I like it better as well, because it opens up the left hand side to the cliffs/body of water in the distance which guides my eye and makes for a better composition.

Just my two cents, I hope its helps.

Most reactions

Back