which telephoto 2.8

fightin14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have searched the board and have not found an answer to a question that I have. I have been looking for a telephoto lens that is fast and reasonable in price and quality. I have been looking at a few, First the nikon 70-200 vr $$$ <- that puts it out of the question. Next is the nikon 80-200 $$<- possible but unsure. I know the first two are great but little high for me right now. The real question is which non nikon lens will give me the best results? Tokina, Sigma, Tamron. At first I was looking only at the sigma but as of late I have heard some good about the tokina. What do you guys thing being? Does anyone have first or second hand knowledge of the Tokina?

Buy the 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-D hands down. Sigma, Tamron, Tonkina are all sub-par to true Nikkor Glass.

It's around $890, and worth every penny.

I love my Sigma 50-150mm f2.8

Even the Sigmas new are gonna be around the price of the 80-200. Just get the Nikon and you won't have to dick around with getting a bad copy.

You get what you pay for. Remember that good glass is a lifetime purchase, or at least a long-term one. If you don't need the super-fast focusing or VR of the 70-200, then the 80-200 D lens is perfect. If you plan to shoot sports, then you'll really want to think about spending the extra for the 70-200.

Even the Sigmas new are gonna be around the price of the 80-200. Just get the Nikon and you won't have to dick around with getting a bad copy.

^^ - That's pretty much it....

but if ur bent on third party the recent tamron 70-200 is slower to focus but outperforms the sigma in image quality...

Sometimes, lol.

But I got an excellent copy. I was blown away.

But it's a toss up, you go for the better IQ, you lose focusing speed. But you save some money. You want all of it, drop the cash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back