which telephoto/macro lens..

Sontizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hmm someone asked a very similar question in another thread very recently. My advice (as a user of the sigma) is that I would not advice a person to get that version of the sigma lens - I would say get the APO version very strongly. The sigma can be a pain and a little limiting.

As for the Tamron you are the second to think that it is better than the sigma that I have read. I would either go for the tamron or look up the APO version of the sigma.
note - if you want to see the results with the sigma check out my blog - in the sig - but understand that there is little more than a few metres between me and the birds and that those are the shots I got when it was rock solid still - any wabble at all can be bad (handheld is very difficult to get right - tripod time)

edit - this sigma is the one I would say to go for in that price area - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/391074-REG/Sigma_508101_70_300mm_f_4_5_6_APO_DG.html
hmm the price increase is much more in the US than in UK - but I stand by and say its worth it when you compare the 2 sigmas on their own - myself I don't know how the tamron compares

I can't remember how long ago but I have read both reviews of these two lenses. To me they are the same, most likely came from one designer. But - I don't have it so that is how far I can go.

Back to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back