New trying to decide between 2 cameras.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Pyro073, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Pyro073

Pyro073 TPF Noob!

So, I have had an interest in photography since I was a kid and have always used point and shoots or the Camera on my phone. Well, I have decided to take it to the next level and get a DSLR. I am torn between these two bundles.

Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 55-200mm Lenses 13473

Or.

Nikon D3300 Replacement for Nikon D3200 | B&H Photo Video
    Although it has been discontinued from that site.

I understand the differences between the two and understand the kit lenses with the 3200 are non VR. I am just not sure if the differences between the 3300 and 3200 are worth the price difference? Also, I am totally opposed to buyingused or refurbished (been burned too many times in the past) and am sold on Nikon as everyone in my family uses Nikon.

Last of all here a few shots of my work. Some are HDR others are not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Those two links are for the same bundle, so either one would be my recommendation. Both lenses are VRII. In both kits. I think you'll be happy with that deal.

In case you missed the notice, B&H will be closed for Passover. Check the dates and times when they will reopen.

3. Pyro073

Pyro073 TPF Noob!

Hmm, on my end the second link goes to the D3200 Bundle with Non VR lenses. Let me see if I can fix that.

4. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I saw several listings for a D3200 and one lens.

5. Solarflare

Solarflare No longer a newbie, moving up!

As always, I recomment getting the D5200 instead of the D3300. Its better value AND cheaper. Get it while its still available.

Thats because its the D5x00 instead of D3x00 line - somewhat higher value overall. Specifically the D5200 has the better AF, which is a huge deal. And it has a fully articulated flipscreen, which I find uber useful - so useful I really wished there would be a full frame camera from Nikon with that. Well, at least my D750 has now an upward and downward tilting screen. I still miss the feature of being able to turn the monitor around completely and protect it perfectly, though. Oh well.