Which to chose between these 3 bridge cameras?! Help please!

anneanneanne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HEY! PS: I'm sorry if some of the information I gave you on the Links is in Portuguese, I'm from Portugal. I hope you understand it as cameras characteristics are universal.

Hi! I want to buy a good bridge camera but I don't know which to chose :/

I'm confuse between these:

FUJIFILM FINEPIX HS-20exr
Link: Fuji Finepix HS-20, Câmara Digital Compacta. Comprar na Fnac.pt
Lowest Price: 379€ Pixmania
Review: YouTube - ‪Fujifilm Finepix HS20 EXR Review‬‏

NIKON COOLPIX P500 36x
Link: Nikon Coolpix P500 36x Zoom, Câmara Digital Compacta. Comprar na Fnac.pt
Lowest Price: 343€ Redcoon
Review:YouTube - ‪Nikon Coolpix P500 Review‬‏

CANON POWERSHOT XS30 is
Link: Canon POWERSHOT SX30 IS vendas preos loja Canon SX30 IS preo lojas
Lowest Price: 375€ SymbolicShare
Review: YouTube - ‪Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Review‬‏

MY PRIORITIES ARE:
- The best image quality (in photos, I don't care so much with video);
- Best color;
- Good macro capibility;

If you know another one which you think is better (but similar) than those three, tell me!
Help me, please!

These are all Point and shoot cameras. I don't think any of the camera's you posted will meet your priorities. You can find a used nikon d80, d70, d60, d40 for around $400 or less. As well as canons counterparts. If you are interested in macro then you will definitely want a interchangeable lens camera. A used nikon d40 and a used tamron 90mm f2.8 macro may cost less than those point and shoot cameras.

Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't made myself clear x.x I'm not a professional photographer, I just like photography, I don't have a lot of experience and I want to have a better camera than a simple compact one but nothing professional like a reflex, DSLR....
When I meant I wanted the best image, best colour, etc, I meant the best from those three... I also can't pay much more than 400€ (euros) for a camera... I'm just a student who really likes photography :)

Perhaps a film camera will serve you better than the 3 you listed. And they can be found used at a very low price point.

Welcome to the forum.

For the most part, all 'bridge' cameras are very similar. Just like all 'P&S' cameras are pretty similar.
You have listed three cameras from three good companies, so I would think that either one will be a good choice.

I just want to know which is the really best one to take pictures of a great quality. I know ones are best for videos, others are best for this, other for that... DO you understand?! :)

MY PRIORITIES ARE:
- The best image quality (in photos, I don't care so much with video);
- Best color;
- Good macro capibility;
Any of the 3 cameras are capable, flip a coin.

Image quality is mostly determined by the photographic skill and knowledge of the photographer, the camera used has less to do with it.

You will likely be making JPEG image files and JPEGs are edited right in the camera after most of the color data the image sensor captured is discarded.

But do you think any of them is better than the others? :)

Alright! But I'll really have to make my mind... This is so hard :)

I've used the p500 and the xs30is. Both are great cameras and shoot relatively the same quality images. The zoom on the p500 is great, but the IS on the xs30is is better. Other thn that, they're a lot alike and are both great cameras.Mark

And the LCD? They're a bit different... p500's is larger and more functional, I think. What do you think?

I'm sorry, but I have to concur with jake337. I'm pretty sure you would be happier with almost ANY DSLR ever made (Canon, Nikon, and Olympus [as well as others] have all made DSLRs that can be had in excellent condition for less than these three megazooms, so price isn't an issue) If you're worried about a steep learning curve- pick up a Nikon D40 with an 18-55mm lens, which will already be more suited for macro than any of those cameras. It's simple and small, it has excellent IQ for the price, and it's a DSLR, so battery life and speed will likely be much better.

Yeah, but the only thing is he didn't ask for a DSLR. He asked, out of those cameras, which is better. It would be impossible to get that zoom range out od a DSLR with one lens that will still fit in any carry bag. hes clearly stated he doesn't want a DSLR. There's no reason to keep harping on it. Sorry if I used the wrong pronouns.

Most reactions

Back