Which to chose between these 3 bridge cameras?! Help please!

So your budget is $400 bucks. Can you save a hundred more? maybe $150 I think you would love the Nex 3. I also beleive it is more compact than any of the bridge cameras. It is also a interchangeable lens camera so you could grab a macro lens for pretty cheap. Also there are adapters for it for nikon, canon and leica!

I've already checked the NEX3 but I don't like her design x.x I love the megazoom's design, they're so traditional and look so pro if you know what I mean. The NEX3 looks like a too simple compact, even though I know she isn't. Anyway, I don't want an interchangeable lens camera because I'm not seeing myself changing the lens and adjusting everything manually and traveling with a bag full of material... The camera would end up forgotten because I don't like things that give me a lot of work... I want something simpler but capable :)

I've already checked the NEX3 but I don't like her design x.x I love the megazoom's design, they're so traditional and look so pro if you know what I mean. The NEX3 looks like a too simple compact, even though I know she isn't. Anyway, I don't want an interchangeable lens camera because I'm not seeing myself changing the lens and adjusting everything manually and traveling with a bag full of material... The camera would end up forgotten because I don't like things that give me a lot of work... I want something simpler but capable :)

What a conundrum!
So you want a compact camera, that isn't compact, that looks kewl.

The nex line is just as simple, with better quaility that would give you room to grow.

Every dslr and m 4/3 and nex have this...
images

Just disregard the P, A, S, and M locations.

Apologies, now I am just harping. Find a three sided coin and flip it. I don't think you will notice any difference between the three you listed.

Last edited:

What a conundrum!

The nex line is just as simple, with better quaility that would give you room to grow.

images

Apologies, now I am just harping. Find a three sided coin and flip it. I don't think you will notice any difference between the three you listed.

Exactly! I want a bridge that looks cool :b
Alright, I really have to chose...
People are telling me to buy the Canon, but I think they're just saying it because of the brand and not looking at the characteristics. I believe we have to look at the characteristics instead of looking at the brand. But maybe I'll really go to the Canon even if it didn't pass the image test vs Nikon...

What a conundrum!

images

People are telling me to buy the Canon, but I think they're just saying it because of the brand and not looking at the characteristics. I believe we have to look at the characteristics instead of looking at the brand. But maybe I'll really go to the Canon even if it didn't pass the image test vs Nikon...

Those who have posted leaning towards canon most likely do not care what the sticker says but what the equipment can do. Especially Usayit, he shoots Film: Pentax Collection of 35mm, 645, 67, Leica and other old cameras.
Digital: Leica, Olympus, Panasonic

He is just telling you what his eyes see. Both left and right;)

What a conundrum!

images

Those who have posted leaning towards canon most likely do not care what the sticker says but what the equipment can do. Especially Usayit, he shoots Film: Pentax Collection of 35mm, 645, 67, Leica and other old cameras.
Digital: Leica, Olympus, Panasonic

He is just telling you what his eyes see. Both left and right;)

I'm not talking about people in this forum! I bet you're all pros, all of you know what you're talking about! :) Nooo. I would never doubt their words x(. I'm talking about people in general, my friends and my followers in my blog (yes I've made a post asking people's opinion). They're not pros and some of them tell me things like "canon, of course" without taking a look at the characteristics :/

I'm faaaaaaaaaarrrr from pro.

OP,
Not all of us are experts, just people who like taking photographs.
TBH, I don't think superzooms look good at all. The only one I think is remotely good looking is the Fuji (manual zoom ring)
How important is the long zoom to you? If it isn't, there are still MUCH better options.

I'm open to suggestions Quentin :) :D
The zoom would be a good thing. But tell me the ones that are better for you! I could change my ming..

I have to suggest the Canon S95. It is extremely portable and very well made. It has a nice, fast lens, a larger sensor than most cameras its size, and a "control ring" around the lens that can be set to be used for functions like zooming or manual focus (good for macro).
You'll find that the image quality is better than most current superzooms because instead of jamming 14-16 megapixels on a tiny sensor, the S95 uses a 10 MP sensor with larger photosites.
It still isn't nearly as fast as any SLR or ILC, but you certainly won't lose speed compared to a megazoom.
You can always bring an SD card to a store that sells cameras, try some models, take the card home, and review the shots on your computer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back