While having a pee

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was standing in the bathroom when a fruit-fly landed on the mirror adjacent to me. I immediately noticed that it presented a double image that would not be seen when looking straight into the mirror. Wondering if I could catch the image I grabbed the camera with the 12-40 lens, not wanting to switch lenses to something more appropriate for fear the fly would be gone by the time I got back.

The lens would not auto focus on the tiny subject so I switched to manual focus but the fly was walking up the mirror & I missed the shot. Did you know fruit-flies can walk fast? My second attempt was more successful before it flew off.

This is a very highly cropped shot.

PA110002 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Nice grab. I'm sure there's a joke in there about I'd like to be a fly on a bathroom wall. But I'll leave it to everyone's imagination. :)

Kinda cool Ron, sucks you couldn't change lenses but been there many times. ;)

I thought I was becoming obsessed with photography until I read this. Am I reading this correctly, you take your camera to the bathroom with you?:aiwebs_016:

I thought I was becoming obsessed with photography until I read this. Am I reading this correctly, you take your camera to the bathroom with you?:aiwebs_016:

That was my first thought. I've been carrying the camera with me about 75% of the time. This takes it to a whole 'nother level. Lol.

Hope you washed your hands before posting, this pic
Bet you have a waterproof camera to use in the bath

Nice pic and I'm glad that that's all that interests you in a bathroom. Good restraint & pic, lol!

A heck of a story, though. suspenseful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back