While we're making suggestions!

I don't want anyone to think I rolled over, Hertz made one point that clearly made sense to me..."The owners have the right to run it how they choose" and my disagreements do not mean a thing. I am however disappointed that Chase has chosen not to "speak" with me and has allowed his appointed staff the pleasure of smacking me in the head with offensively designed stamps and guidelines that reek with dictatorship. There could have been intelligent discussions centering around the problems with a modified approach to the issues. Several suggestion have been presented, but not discussed.

Hertz is right, it's his forum and he can do with it as he pleases.
From Chase, dated 6/27/07:

Also, just a side note, I've been viewing and responding to all of this from my laptop in an airport for the last day or so. All of yesterdays posts from me were from sitting in an airport terminal where my flight eventually got canceled, and I am back here this morning. So, I'm doing my best to stay on top of things, but there will be some big gaps in my ability to do so....not to mention that its very possible that I will miss some details. Just wanted to let you all know.
Though you repiled directly to this post, PNA, clearly this has been forgotten.

Not that my opinion really matters here, but this all has made some interesting reading. I thought I would add my little bit.

First off..nothing is going to work here, unless everyone checks their egos at the door.
One of the reasons I dont post here any more is this" Im better then everyone" attitude that some members have. There is no more respect here, and the positive side of a comment, or reply is gone.
Even tho , I wont be posting in this new critique section , I respect the members for trying to find a happy medium where others can get some feedback. So far, I have only read a few of the threads, and have seen nothing but negative feedback. (including name calling...the..."she looks like a crackhead") Come on.......that is some good critique??
( I notice that thread is gone now...btw)
I thought critique meant positive and also constructive feedback.
I would rather have somebody say, my colours or comp are not right ,then..."this does nothing for me...sorry". Why do you bother to say anything all then

Some of these members will take it upon themselve to try and solve a problem on their own...like the Leighann photoshop crisis. The girl apologized ...twice to the forum. Why were the mods not contacted at the beginning to say that maybe this post was photoshopped or they were suspicious. They can contact the member, and if so...move that thread to the appropriate gallery.
Instead, somebody took it upon them selves to take over every thread she posted, and paste a thread from another forum( I thought that was a big no no) basically calling her a fraud.

Im a MOD on two other forums...one photo related, one not. We can simply lock a thread, and find out the reasons behind the post, move it appropriatly. There is no need to publicly bash people. I know it was a serious mistake, but do apologies not matter anymore?

I will say.. I am not a professional. I have no training, and have self taught myself what I know in photography, photoshop, and computers. I dont plan on being a photographer, but try to enjoy this as a release from my hectic work schedule. My hobby away from all the madness of our planet.
To come to the place I once enjoyed, and see newbies getting this silly stamp, cause they posted in the wrong spot makes me laugh.:lol: Quite the welcome they get.

I am friends with lot of people on this forum, and will only come back to say hi to them. The chances of you seeing another photo post from me is pretty slim.
Get a grip people...show a little respect for each other.

Chase ..you know I respect you man. I hope this all gets resolved.

All the best to all of you.

Carl

Here is my problem, if it was such a great idea the first time why isn't it still going strong. But time will tell what it really is.

Ps Hertz I made fun of you when you ran it, you really don't want these guys to get off easy do you?

You have to give new things a chance to bed down.
New ways of doing things always cause problems but after a while people can't remember what it was like before.
Being a Mod in a crit forum is a thankless task. Whatever you do makes people unhappy and you get so much grief that it is often very hard to remain polite after you have said the same thing a dozen times a day for a week.
Give it a couple of weeks and if there are still problems then there is a problem somewhere. Discuss it again then.
And leaving egos at the door is good advice - see my sig. :lol:

I am friends with lot of people on this forum, and will only come back to say hi to them. The chances of you seeing another photo post from me is pretty slim.
Get a grip people...show a little respect for each other.

All the best to all of you.

Carl

Thats one of the worst things I've read in a long time, I miss you already dude, you my friend are a truly awesome photographer
Stay lucky

Andy

I also regret hearing your decision.....each time you posted a photo, I eagerly opened it knowing it would be an inspiring shot.

Thats one of the worst things I've read in a long time, I miss you already dude, you my friend are a truly awesome photographer
Stay lucky

Andy

Very right, Andy, and Chiller I am all :cry: over your decision! Very! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Who is Dew?????:confused:

She complied about people critique her post in the General Gallery. When she did not ask for any. This was before the Critical Form was created. Also she believed most of them posting critiques where not qualified to do so. This was a round Jan to May 04(?).

When the good guys leave the not so good guys win.... just a generality no idea if this has any meaning or not.

And Jeff I have been saying all along we need a section that is look what I can do ma. A different one for critique but I would rather see peer to peer not in depth expert critique, so called.

If they feel the need for the formal critique section with circles and arrows and rules fine. Just make a place for informal critique. If you post in the informal critique you are going to get opinions from just plain photographers. Like its a little dark dude...Without going into great detail. A comment does not have to be accompanied by a substantial fix to be helpful.

Most reactions

Back