white balance problem

Ok so i guess there´s no such thing as an appropriate setting in a studio enviroment.

I set the WB to manual and shot a wall, the pic became blue:)

What am i doing wrong here?

You don't just set it to manual. You have to take a 'test' shot of something white. Then go into the menu and set the custom WB. It will ask you to choose a sample image and you choose the test shot. Then when you choose the custom setting, it will be accurate in that light. I'm sure it's all in your camera's manual.

Aaaah...of course..my bad..i took a shot with AWB, went to menu and went to manual white, picked the pic i just took and shot it again and saw the difference..

oh man, i am having so much fun with this now..really like the white it gives me:)

I just used the white balanced pic to white balance it again and that one as well..i know what youre thinking..

You don't just set it to manual. You have to take a 'test' shot of something white. Then go into the menu and set the custom WB. It will ask you to choose a sample image and you choose the test shot. Then when you choose the custom setting, it will be accurate in that light. I'm sure it's all in your camera's manual.

ohhhh ok am gona try that

i really hope it works

i already set my WB manually

set my camera into the ( day light)

& took the pic

& then choose this pic

& now am shootin in castum WB

& RAW

is what am doing right?

what am missing i still dont have the Quality am aiming 4

:(

what exactly do you mean? It works great for me.

the skin tone color comes weird with my camera

now that am shootin RAW settin my WB manaully

& adjustin the exposure right

the pictures turned out to be much better

but its not the right skin tone yet

maybe i should practice more :(

use custom white balance if you dont want to shoot in raw. And use a Qp card and take a test shot of it for the camera white balance settings.

the skin tone color comes weird with my camera
now that am shootin RAW settin my WB manaully
& adjustin the exposure right
the pictures turned out to be much better
but its not the right skin tone yet
maybe i should practice more

Where are you judging the skin tones? I hope it's not on the back of the camera....because that's not a very good place to judge an image. Upload your files onto your computer and open the RAW files. If the skin tone isn't what you want...then adjust it. That's the whole point of RAW files...that you can adjust it to what you think it should be.

Where are you judging the skin tones? I hope it's not on the back of the camera....because that's not a very good place to judge an image. Upload your files onto your computer and open the RAW files. If the skin tone isn't what you want...then adjust it. That's the whole point of RAW files...that you can adjust it to what you think it should be.

so if am shootin in RAW i dont use a custom WB?

the skin tone i see is yellowish & the lips color is weird too

but the eyes is Excellent color

& yea am judgin the pic based on what i see on my camera b4 adjustin the color

Hehe. AWB: Automatically Wrong Balance.
I've got friends that use gels, and it seems to work for them. I never really understood it all, so Lightroom, and the little sample tool seems to work best for me, although it's still much to personal taste. I never like the way ACR or LR or C1 measures outdoor skintones. :)

so if am shootin in RAW i dont use a custom WB?

If you shoot RAW, the WB you set does not matter at all for the final image. It matters for the first preview of the RAW image you get, but then, in RAW processing you will adjust WB the way you like it anyway.

(the skin tone i see is yellowish & the lips color is weird too

but the eyes is Excellent color

BTW, do you shoot under controlled light (studio like), or could it be you have mixed light sources with different characteristics, then WB can be a nightmare (e.g. if you mix tungsten light with daylight or similar).

& yea am judgin the pic based on what i see on my camera b4 adjustin the color[/quote]

Hehe. AWB: Automatically Wrong Balance.
I've got friends that use gels, and it seems to work for them. I never really understood it all, so Lightroom, and the little sample tool seems to work best for me, although it's still much to personal taste. I never like the way ACR or LR or C1 measures outdoor skintones. :)

What sample tool are you referring to?

If you shoot RAW, the WB you set does not matter at all for the final image. It matters for the first preview of the RAW image you get, but then, in RAW processing you will adjust WB the way you like it anyway.

BTW, do you shoot under controlled light (studio like), or could it be you have mixed light sources with different characteristics, then WB can be a nightmare (e.g. if you mix tungsten light with daylight or similar).
[/quote]

am shootin in my room theres mixed light sources is that whats wrong :( ?

Most reactions

Back