swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
which one of these would be correct...

1.looks dulll
IMG_0018_1.jpg

2. just looks weird..but for some reason i like it better wow and i just noticed i put a comma rather than a period after my first initial..ill fix it late
IMG_0018.jpg

hey r,

can you share your settings for both?

lately i have been taking lots of outdoor night pictures and I switch back and forth between Auto, and Cloudy (foggy) .. once a while i go and measure a white meter on the scene.

I have also the dilemma you have, one seems to be a True white balance, the other to be Correct white balance (something warmer, and our eyes like more)
=)

i am not sure if there's any right or wrong :|
everyone seems to have a meter for each take, i normally go for the one warmer and more natural looking, even if its kinda off from the real white you saw with your eyes

Actually, I think it's a bit of WB and saturation. Looking at #1, the whites are definitely too cold. I'd say a slight warming tweak of WB and a mild saturation boost to the first image will give you a good final product.

ok what about this one...im glad i save my raw files

RU.jpg

slightly improved

if you asked me, i really would love to see the red bricks a little red and warmer .. these seems to be so reflective from the sun rays .. do you use any filter at all?

johan

ok what about this one...im glad i save my raw files

RU.jpg

hey r,

can you share your settings for both?

lately i have been taking lots of outdoor night pictures and I switch back and forth between Auto, and Cloudy (foggy) .. once a while i go and measure a white meter on the scene.

I have also the dilemma you have, one seems to be a True white balance, the other to be Correct white balance (something warmer, and our eyes like more)
=)

i am not sure if there's any right or wrong :|
everyone seems to have a meter for each take, i normally go for the one warmer and more natural looking, even if its kinda off from the real white you saw with your eyes
LOL at r. well here at the setting for the pic above
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpriestley/2694325627/meta/

most of the time i leave WB on auto..i can always change it with the raw file..thats one less thing i have to worry about while actually shooting...as far as mode i use M,TV, AND AV...ive been changing alot lately

slightly improved

if you asked me, i really would love to see the red bricks a little red and warmer .. these seems to be so reflective from the sun rays .. do you use any filter at all?

johan
take this picture and edit it so i can see what your talking about..if u dont mine...i have a polarizer and uv filter...i never use them though

I think you may have overdone the saturation a hair. I think it also needs some contrast and sharpening work. Maybe a touch of perspective, too... the building looks like it's leaning forward.

EDIT: I took a crack at it (minus the perspective correction)

IMG_0018_1.jpg

Saturation: +10ish, blue saturation: +5ish, contrast +5, Smart Sharpen: +75%, 1 pixel, gaussian

You would likely have to change the settings on the sharpen for the original file.

By the way, you have quite a bit of dust on your sensor... look at the space between the top of the tree and the building. Dark spots.

take this picture and edit it so i can see what your talking about..if u dont mine...i have a polarizer and uv filter...i never use them though

A circular polarizer would have helped here as it would have cut down the harsh glare and saturated the colors a bit more. Great to use in harsh light situations.

o wow i didnt even notice the dark spot...what the best way to clean it?

o wow i didnt even notice the dark spot...what the best way to clean it?

You can use a bulb-blower on it, but DO NOT USED COMPRESSED AIR and READ YOUR MANUAL BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS!

Screw it up and you can massively screw up your camera.

You can also have it professionally cleaned by an authorized shop. I got the whole inside of my camera cleaned for $66. sensor, mirror, prism.

What did you think of my version of your shot, btw? (just curious)

i couldnt tell the difference from the website...so i just saved it to my computer and now i see the difference lol...espically the sharpness...i think im going to to back and use ur edit settings

Most reactions

Back