White Balance Question

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
recently i have seen photographers holding up a card by the subjects when shooting portraits. just wondering what this does/how to do it.

im looking to get better at portraits and figured that this might be something i could look into

thanks

Gray card, in my humble opinion, is probably best $5 I ever spend on photography. Besides accuracy in color and exposure (though that's why I use a meter on the job) it cut my PP time by about 25%. #1, I don't have to worry about color. Once my WB is preset, I modify it just a drop and 99% of the images will have color tones that I need/want them to be. #2, though I don't use it much for exposure assessment, it does allow my to calibrate so-to-speak my speedlytes.
So it is really the best $5 I ever spend.

i think it might be teh grey card for lyk proper WB when you are lyk shooting with white stuff. Um shoot in da amazing RAW andd den set your WB in photoshop or sumtin
Wow. I can't tell if that's a joke or not...

Gray card, in my humble opinion, is probably best $5 I ever spend on photography. Besides accuracy in color and exposure (though that's why I use a meter on the job) it cut my PP time by about 25%. #1, I don't have to worry about color. Once my WB is preset, I modify it just a drop and 99% of the images will have color tones that I need/want them to be. #2, though I don't use it much for exposure assessment, it does allow my to calibrate so-to-speak my speedlytes.
So it is really the best $5 I ever spend.

Agreed, but I think mine was a little more than $5...:lol:

For me, it is absolutely the one accessory to never be without.

thanks everyone, i made 2 threads on accident because i made one at work form my phone and didnt think it worked. my bad

Most reactions

Back