White-Breasted Nuthatch for C&C

Olympus E300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fsharpphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Obviously birds are my thing lately. Only due to circumstance though. Since my very young children keep me busy, I haven't the time to chase wildlife - I have to bait & wait from the chaos known as my home. Anyway, here's a shot of a White-Breasted Nuthatch. I think I blew out the very bottom of this photograph. The deck railing and seeds look a little off. Thoughts?

Cheers!
- Daniel

5892110593_f6b5cabd77_b.jpg

© 2010 F/Sharp Photography

Info
Date: June 29th 2011
Time: 8:31AM

Camera: Olympus E-3
Lens: Zuiko 14-54mm
Focal Length: 54mm
F/Stop: 3.5
ISO: 100
Exposure Time: 1/640 sec

Inspiration: Birds & Bokeh

Post Production:
- Cropped
- Added border

Not bad; I don't see anything even remotely close to blown on my monitor. What I would suggest through is spending a little time on birding 'sites and looking for the tricks that 'pro' birders use to get these shots without the feeders. A shot of a bird at a feeder is only going to be at best 'Ho-hum' whereas a bird that appears to be in the wild automatically starts at "Wow... good job!" Most of these tricks just involve finding ways to hide the food and giving the birds a roost, old branches, twigs, etc.

Nice shot. You can also get the bird used to the feeder and then replace it with something more "WILD" like a plant or branch or something and still place its feed around. I have read of doing this with hummingbirds....you replace the feeder with a nice flower and then put drops of the sugar water food stuff into the flower.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back