White Mountain National Forest in summer

Very nice color, great set

I would imagine the place is closed to visitors in winter/early spring for safety reasons? Looks like a very beautiful site. I can never get the true scope of beauty to come across. You did very well.

I would imagine the place is closed to visitors in winter/early spring for safety reasons? Looks like a very beautiful site. I can never get the true scope of beauty to come across. You did very well.

Which place? The ledge? That has an access road that gets closed once it gets snowed in but many people hike up there during the winter months. The crazy rock climbers will climb the face of it year round. The falls are close to the road (.3 miles) and not a tough climb so many people make the "hike" and photograph them in winter. The Gorge is directly beside the Kancamagus Hwy so easy access all year round. In spring the run off water covers most of those large rocks.

If you google Sabbaday Falls in winter you'll see many beautiful photos of it in the snow or all iced up. I don't like to ski so I rarely go to the mountains after the fall foliage is past peak...

Most reactions

Back