White Nikon Lenses

dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering why nowhere seems to sell the white (i think Nikon maybe calls them grey) Nikkor lenses anymore. :confused:

Have they been discontinued ? :(

The real advantage of the white colour was to prevent the lens getting hot in the sun was it not ? Seems like a good idea, but i suppose Nikon must have had a valid reason for not making them (if that is the case ?)

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about the whereabouts of all the white Nikon lenses (particuly the 70-200) :thumbup:

Thank you all for the replies.

Just to defend myself, the reason for not checking B&H first was because i'm from the UK (you might have wondered why i failed to see them there !) :)

Hmm, wonder why they're all import models though. Oh well, the only thing that attracts me to the white coloured ones is the aesthetics, no practical reason hehe ! :D

No white lenses for us nikon users for the time being then :'(

get black..and paint em white...or pink...or orange...or teal...

can you paint? ahah

As much as i'd love the bragging rights and appeal of having a pink lens, i just don't think i could stomach taking the poster paints to a nice new 70-200 :D

If i ever get one (which is a huge 'if' !) it would probably the most expensive single piece of photography equipment i'd own :confused: and i can't help thinking that i'd live to regret painting it pink ;):lol:

As much as i'd love the bragging rights and appeal of having a pink lens, i just don't think i could stomach taking the poster paints to a nice new 70-200 :D

If i ever get one (which is a huge 'if' !) it would probably the most expensive single piece of photography equipment i'd own :confused: and i can't help thinking that i'd live to regret painting it pink ;):lol:

I wouldn't use poster paints either. Someone who does that should be shot.
Automotive paint, I meant. Sanded, prepped properly...you'd have a very impressive lens.

It would be hard though, without taking it apart...then you'll never get it back together...and Canon is not likely to do the repairs...
I'd love a pink "L"

Hehe don't worry, i don't think i'd use poster paint :D

Properly done it would be amazing, but a pricey process i'd bet. If you do ever bite the bullet and decided to give any of your glass a makeover, do post pics ;)

Can't find any pics offhand, but aparently somebody has a white 1Ds body :drool:

ahhh, yet another wannabe canon-user ;)

interestingly many Canon users really dislike the white lenses, whereas many Nikonians would like to have them white ;)

I like them white though.

What would be really cool would be a white camera body with a white lens!!

interestingly many Canon users really dislike the white lenses, whereas many Nikonians would like to have them white ;)

I like them white though.

Yeah ! It's funny that. I think white looks nice (but i am partial to white things), but then again black looks pretty suave. Don't know really !! Mind you, i wouldn't turn down a new lens whatever the colour :mrgreen:

What would be really cool would be a white camera body with a white lens!!

Yep, too right ! :lovey:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back