Mysteryfella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Captured this on near Alton locks and dam Missouri side

Attachments

• 20220303_171452.jpg
    20220303_171452.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 21
Nice image. What camera did you use? You seem to be having some issues with the whites. This could be a fantastic image. ;)

Nice image. What camera did you use? You seem to be having some issues with the whites. This could be a fantastic image. ;)
I had my Nikon z 50 using the kit lenses. I am on the learning stage with manual settings. You mention whites. Should I had set the iOS higher.

Nice capture but not as sharp as it could be and yes, the whites are blown. For action shots like that, in manual, set you camera to auto white balance, Auto ISO, a large aper. of f/4.0- 6.5 and around 1/2000 sec s.s. for a sharper pic and a lower ISO. Also, try bracketing with your exposure comp. to control the whites to that they aren't as bright. That should help significantly. GL!

I had my Nikon z 50 using the kit lenses. I am on the learning stage with manual settings. You mention whites. Should I had set the iOS higher.
Welcome to photography! :) What @K9Kirk said. Each person is a little different, and so with that, I keep my camera (Canon 90D) on auto ISO, f/6.5-f/8 1/1000-1/1250, and auto white balance. Other settings are 1 point AF (I'm usually trying to get birds, flowers, or bugs), spot metering or evaluative metering, and either AI focus or AI servo, and then I adjust all of the settings as necessary. The Nikon may use different terminology. Manual settings are great, and after a while you'll figure out what the best settings for each occasion are. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with your camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back