White table

dampeoples

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm wanting to build a table out of a 4x8 sheet of white material. It must be flexible, as I want it to run flat for about 3-4ft, then curve upwards. I've seen a table like this on TV, but don't knbow where to get one, you guys have any ideas of the material (needs to be readily available at Home Depot or Lowes) or where I could get one of these?
It's flat for setting objects on, and curved upwards to provide a background without a joint, or crease in it, so I can take a picture of something on a white background, and it's all white, unless you guys have a better idea of how to do this...

i saw someone setting up something like that once.

it was on the floor (large studio room w/ hardwood floor)
basically just a very large sheet of material (cloth or paper maybe, try the crafts section at walmart) weighted down to the ground at one end, and draped over a raised support at the other end.

this used a large space and was for photographing large items tho, there might be complications if you're wanting to go small

I've got a roll of white paper...why do I feel the need to complicate things :)
I've got a fair amount of room, problem is once I build it in the house, i probably won't be able to remove it, unless I build it very short, and use a tabletop tripod, which isn't a problem.

I've always just used a 3 foot square folding table. The kind you find at an office supply store that's got the 1 inch thick particle board top that's usually a dark brown wood grain finish. From there I have 2, 4 foot long bar clamps that you clamp on the back so the bar part of the clamps are sticking straight up. Then you can use all sorts of material for your seamless back drop by clamping it flat to the front of the table with some kind of C-clamp or big spring clip. Curve it straight up at the back and clamp it onto the bar clamps that are sticking up.

Then you just use whatever kind of material that you can find. Poster board or flexible veneer from the harware store work the best with the veneers coming in tons of solid colors, wood or stone patterns. Overlay them with fabric or paint something on your own. A nice piece of veneer, 4X8 foot can get pricey depending on what it is but they're pretty durable and are easy to store somewhere out of the way.

I remember seeing an advert for one of these in a mag. It'll porbably be based in the UK but I'll have a look for you anyway.

Thanks for the ideas! I've got a folding table around here somewhere, and got a roll of white paper :)
Those tables are expensive! Thanks for the link, It's hard to explain things sometimes, but that's pretty much what I want.

Most reactions

Back