Who are the most helpful posters on TPF

Rancor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious, and think this will be a newb helper. Who do you guys consider most helpful? Who do you think you should really listen to if they offer you advice.

So far I've come across:

Bitter Jeweler
Derrel
TireDiron
Kmh
Village Idiot
Kundalini
BigMike
Buckster
Overread
Fokker
Garbz
Sw1tch!FX
camz
HelenB
c.cloudwalk er
dominantly
compur
Mitica100
icassell
SrBiscuit

the_wanderer
BentCounterShaft

These posters seem to be very helpful and friendly, with just enough of tell it like it is.

Last edited:
Well, me of course. :lmao:

Those you stated do help a lot, but really anyone will be helpful as long as they're being drama free and constructive. Even if you don't agree with them, they might make you see something you didn't.

Your forgetting Village Idiot and Kundalini and BigMike not too mention a score of others. There are definitely a group of around 15 people on here who are helpful and know their ****. I don't really care if they come across friendly or not. If they know there stuff and can help me grow the delivery doesn't really matter because I want to learn and develop into a better photographer. I can take the good with the bad.

Those you stated do help a lot, but really anyone will be helpful as long as they're being drama free and constructive. Even if you don't agree with them, they might make you see something you didn't.

O I agree. I just know that every forum has its elder knowledge walking around, and its not always as clear as "listen to anyone with 1000+ posts). I'm just trying to get an idea of who to listen to because they may make a good point, and who to follow off a cliff because they can actually fly.

I don't really care if they come across friendly or not. If they know there stuff and can help me grow the delivery doesn't really matter because I want to learn and develop into a better photographer.

Also well said. I don't really care if someone is 'mean', if its because they know what they are talking about and my pic really did just suck, then I'll learn a lot from them ranting at me and take it with a :)

I'll add those mentioned.

I generally assume that anyone with over a thousand posts knows what they're talking about.

I used to do that, when I was starting on forums, but every now and then there is one guy who just posts a lot, and really has no idea what hes talking about. This can cause confusion and lead to bad advice. So I try and steer clear of that assumption, even though 90% of the time its right.

I agree with the list as it stands now, and would add Buckster and overread. Probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Special thanks to village idiot who was giving me some great mentoring advice......

Until his inbox filled up that is! :lol:

I used to do that, when I was starting on forums, but every now and then there is one guy who just posts a lot, and really has no idea what hes talking about. This can cause confusion and lead to bad advice. So I try and steer clear of that assumption, even though 90% of the time its right.

That's me! :sexywink:

I generally assume that anyone with over a thousand posts knows what they're talking about.

You'll learn soon enough, some people just like to facebook here.

Fokker to be added now

The list really could go on and on, and some people will agree and others will argue to their last breath. Will probably end up like a Canon Vs Nikon debate. :lmao:

I'm sometimes an asshole. But I know some things about photos.

I don't deserve to be added to the list though. I don't know enough things about pitcherz to warrant that.

Most reactions

Back