Who Believes?

Yeah , Port Arthur is an old convict penitentiary, its buildings are mostly is ruins. It has a pretty gruesome past .... even before the Port Arthur massacre happened in 1996.
A lot of people say its one of the most haunted places in Aus.

I do believe in a spirit world .. maybe life's energies ( souls etc ) have a way of imprinting itself on time and what we're seeing/feeling are 'echoes' of that person....
Could possibly be that our minds are only capable of thinking of time and life as a straight line : a timeline which starts at birth and ends in death. Yet maybe the past , present and future arent a straight timeline ....(one possible way could be that past , present and future run parallel ) and the times someone sees a 'ghost' are when time is intermingling....
Have I confused ya all yet ? :lol:
Man , its a huge thing to try and grasp with the human mind lol. I've had a lot of experiences with this sort of thing so it's impossible for me to NOT believe theres a LOT more to existence then we can rationalise away by science or reason....
I HOPE theres a way someones spirit lives on , beyond physical life as we know it .....

tazzy is a spooky place. The landscape is extremely similar to nz except more unspoilt- except for queenstown - which is open sesspool of strip mining town. And erie.

The hole time I was there - it just felt spooky. Kinda hard to describe, you just have to be there. Yeah, the Port Author massacre occurred a year before I visited - what was creepy about for me is the the Barton murder spree which occurred in Atlanta (where I lived in '99) occurred whilst i was traveling to taz.

I don't need to believe that there is spirit around... I call it in another dimension. Why? Cus I've experienced it.

You will be pretty amazed when you hear it, but first, I want to let my sun burn heal....:cry:

Generally speaking, I don't believe in ghosts and I have never seen evidence of one with my own eyes.

However, during one of my explorations I took this photo:

dscf0057.jpg

When I stood there and took it, the night air was as clear as it could possibly be, although several degrees below zero. My friend was next to me at the time, so when I got the image onto my computer and saw the mist, I immediately assumed it to be his breath and thought nothing else of it.

A few days later, I got an email from some guy purporting to be a psychic investigator, telling me this was some of the best evidence he had ever seen of "orbs" and "prana-chi" and asking me to take him to that location. Not believing him, but not wanting to appear a rude asshole either, I took him and he did indeed say there's spirits there.

I am not entirely convinced that it's "chi" but I'll leave you to make up your own minds.

I can't discount anything on this planet. Just because I've not witnessed anything, doesn't make it not true.

I like to keep an open mind. :D

Hmmm Ok, here's what happened.

When I was 5, I used to catch butterflies and insects to preserve them all the time and I had a little collection soon after my neighbour taught me how to do it. It was simple, just jab some alcohol into the insect's heart. Yeah it sounds cruel, and it is, but I guess I was just too excited to care then.

And I left for Singapore after that. For a year I was sick often. Sometimes I will have breathing difficulty. Often I just feel like vomitting for no reason. I had nightmares often and it was just weird.

My mom used to go to this meditation place and the instructor was supposedly a highly skilled Taoist priest. There were just tons of sculptures in the little wooden place of his, from Jesus to Mother Mary to Buddha and all sorts. So one day my mom left something at that place and we went there to retrieve it at night. There were a lot of people, just sitting around and chatting. Then the old instructor happened to walk through the middle of the room and he took a trip. Everyone stopped talking and one of his disciples said that "this" god( Chinese) has gone onto his body....

Then the instructor... or god for now, called for me, so I went to him. Then he did a series of things I couldn't understand and started hitting my back hard. At the end he burnt a piece of paper with writings on it and mixed it with a glass of water, made me drink it. Then he "woke" up.

By then he was all sweaty, and he said he saw what was wrong. He asked me if I used to catch insects in the past. I said yes. He said they were unwilling to go, but he got rid of them.

So no one told him about my little hobby. We never even related my health to what I did before. Since then I am alright, and became much more sensitive and caring towards things around me.

So spirits are around. I think it's just like another world, a society, where there are the naughty ones and good ones that help balance it. They say the spirits are not supposed to come to our world, so their presence here must mean something....

So, are they here for you?! :shock:

Luminosity said:
That red cross I see must be the 'ghost' of the picture that is supposed to be there :confused:

I just read that and almost peed myself.

colin, I've heard about strange things coming out in pictures. I have a picture that my mother in law took of our cat sitting by the fireplace. The funny thing is that in the flame you can see a face that my wife says looks just like her grandfather. The picture was taken on the anniversary of his death. I'll have to dig that one out and see what ya'll think.

Cow...thanks in advance for the nightmares. :)

Most reactions

Back