Who brews?

You start small and build your way up and it all makes sense when you get there...

Myself and a few friends are gearing up to make wine this year. We are all reading and collecting gear, but still don't know exactly what we're doing yet.

Wine does look fun. I've only ever done beer have you visited forums.morelfavor.com it is a great fermenting forum I've been a member there for a while.

Myself and a few friends are gearing up to make wine this year. We are all reading and collecting gear, but still don't know exactly what we're doing yet.

I used to make my own wine but I gave it up after I lost one of my Odor-Eaters.

My pop brews. He brews small batches in soda kegs. You can get five of those is one average sized fridge. He usually has all five going. Right now, I believe he has a dunkel weizen, IPA, a stoudt, and something new on tap. I try to go over as often as I can.

Some years ago (after a trip to Germany ;)), a friend and I started looking into brewing our own beer. I'm a Chemical Industrial Engineer and he's a chep drunky, so it sounded like a terrible idea worth trying.

Then I got married, he got a divorce and I had a son...

Life has it's ways of getting in your plans.

Maybe in a few years more we'll give it another go.

I've been curious...but I don't like beer that much that it'd be worth making my own...unless I can make it way better... I dono.

I've been curious...but I don't like beer that much that it'd be worth making my own...unless I can make it way better... I dono.

Perhaps you haven't tasted good beer yet. If you are basing your tastes on commercial piss-water, go directly to your nearest micro-brewery and drink, a lot. ;)

If I had the ability to make Guinness Stout at home... I would use that knowledge for good, not evil.

If I had the ability to make Guinness Stout at home... I would use that knowledge for good, not evil.

Guinness right from the St. James gate is like nothing else on earth. There is a reason the pipes from building to building have been illegally tapped more
than Heidi Klum's guests. You won't find the same stuff anywhere else in the world. The Irish are smart - they send the crappy stuff to England.

I asked before, but did not get an answer. Does anyone know if Guinness still brews "Breo" - it's a Heffe Weizen, every bit as think and golden as the stoudt is thick and black.

The Irish are smart - they send the crappy stuff to England

:lol:

I heard a while back that 400+ kegs were stolen from the brewery. Truck driver pulled in, hooked up his rig and drove off with the goods... In my head, I imagine the bandit wearing a cape and his underwear on the outside of pants. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back