Who has seen Indiana Jones- SPOILERS

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I just went to see the new Indiana Jones and I was actually disapointed, I had heard it wasnt that great.

Before watching it over the last month I re watched the old Indiana Jones movies and thourally enjoyed them

The movie was going well until Henry Jones survived the nuclear blast and being tossed who knows how far in a fridge-I overlooked that and the movie seemed to be moving along nicely

The ending with the flying saucer was a disapointmernt and I wish they hadnt been on a search for aliens, I think aliens have been used so many times in movies they seem so much more unreal because of that

Oh well stil enjoyed the movie and I love the theme song-I actually saw the BBC concert orchestra perform this live and it was amazing

I didn't like this film much - I thought it a poor bit of script writing (acting was good all round as was the general presentation) but the script was weak.

Also I got the feeling that it was not a film, but a series of adverts displaying the studios skills - a racing film to start, followed but the wartime hero film (indy standing with the nuke in the background); followed by gritty wartime spy film (that scene was very strong, but was never really followed up later - just and empty event - infact the first alien was rather a waste of time as well).
After that I take issue with the attempt to merge Indy and Greese together ;)
Finally I the other indy films managed to convey very well the era of their time in which they were happeneing - this failed to do so - the start though to a long way in it had a very modern feel.

*views of a mad film ranter*

Anyone else think that the shots seemed a bit too polished? Digitally enhanced, I mean? Everything looked super-duper computer made, like it was fed through a mega unsharp mask machine.

its the current madness of Hollywood - plus with this big move to blueray and HD TV they are going over every inch of film cutting and hiding errant hairs and every little imperfection - to get perfection that is false. Plus CGI is cheap (er) and easier (it won't suddenly bolt out the door or need health and safty inspections) so its a good option - problem is that they take it because it is cheap so you get cheaper graphics (notice how in many films the CGI elements look very clean, new and texture less - Starwars the latest 3 films shows this in great - er - lack of detial)

they lost me at the freezer scene. this last Indy movie is why sequels should always be done only in 3's.

well, i have not seen it, and do not plan to see it ever.

after i heard aboutthe plot.. no thanks.

In my opinion, one doesn't go to an Indiana Jones move for any semblance of realism. I went in expecting a very entertaining movie, bordering on the absurd, and was not disappointed.

Looks like I'm the only one, though :lol:

In my opinion, one doesn't go to an Indiana Jones move for any semblance of realism. I went in expecting a very entertaining movie, bordering on the absurd, and was not disappointed.

Looks like I'm the only one, though :lol:

Oh, I enjoyed it. I just didn't really like the cinematography.

Most reactions

Back