Who has the best deal on a Canon 40d?

itsanaddiction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone found a great deal lately. I'm looking to buy SOON and am searching everywhere (in the US and online). Who do you think is the most trusted and has the best deals? Thanks!

what about the 50d dont you think you should wait a month.

what about the 50d dont you think you should wait a month.

50D? A month? Where'd you get that info? I haven't heard of anything like that. Besides, the 40D was just released last year! I really don't think there would be a replacement that soon.

50D? A month? Where'd you get that info? I haven't heard of anything like that. Besides, the 40D was just released last year! I really don't think there would be a replacement that soon.
What day is it? :er:

What day is it? :er:

ahhh crap! He laid the bait and I took the bite! :lol:

oh well, at least I didn't fall for the "50D", I knew it wasn't right, but I did think he thought one was coming out.

I took B & H price and then went to my local camera shop and asked him if he would match the price. He gladly did. that way i kept the money in my town and hes now my favorite camera guy. Hes there for me. he even let me up grade my lens and didn`t charge me for the upgrade. He taught me so much about my camera. i spent so much time in his shop. Like 2 hours one day and at least another hour another day. We set up a photo shoot the first day. he printed pictures for me. ok i went off the subject here, anyway, try what i did, find your cheapest price and then go local. see if your local shop will match price. that way you get the camera instantly.... no shipping.

I took B & H price and then went to my local camera shop and asked him if he would match the price. He gladly did. that way i kept the money in my town and hes now my favorite camera guy. Hes there for me. he even let me up grade my lens and didn`t charge me for the upgrade. He taught me so much about my camera. i spent so much time in his shop. Like 2 hours one day and at least another hour another day. We set up a photo shoot the first day. he printed pictures for me. ok i went off the subject here, anyway, try what i did, find your cheapest price and then go local. see if your local shop will match price. that way you get the camera instantly.... no shipping.

This is a great move if your local shop will work with you. Unfortunately in my experience most didn't think it was worth it to do so.

Anyway, best deal I found was at BuyDig..

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNEOS40D

$1099 with free shipping, a 2GB Sandisk Ultra2 CF card, and (if you want it) a rebate on a printer if you buy it at the same time. I ended up ordering almost all my stuff from them, and they've been great.

The cheapest USA warranty / non-sketchy place I found was us1photo (http://www.us1photo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5217), but in the end buydig was a slightly better deal (and more reputable) for everything I was ordering.

Wow...

My father always said that if you find a good and honest mechanic stick to him and give him all your business. (It is tough to find an honest mechanic).

I'd say that also applies to that camera shop..... thats great service.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back