Who in here shoots with a 20D?

I'd better not answer :blushing: :meh:
Hmmmm, I just dreamed about a good camera for a while, now I just want it. And I like Nikon more. Which one should I choose?

photomaniac said:
Because I saw here a dispute regarding Canon and Nikon, which makes greater photos, may I ask why Canon and why Nikon? I personally love Nikon, but I don't know what camera to get now! I just want an upgrade from the one I have right now.

This is not a Canon vs Nikon thread. Both companies make excellent cameras, along with Fuji, Kodak, Olympus, Pentax, Konica-Minolta, Sony, Panasonic, Leica, etc...

The most important thing you can do, is learn everything you can about photography. It doesn't matter what camera you have.

Kemplefan, thank you for apoligizing. Now, since you don't have a Canon 20D, you really have no reason to post in this thread. Let's keep things on topic.

I use a 20D for my digital work.

photomaniac said:
Because I saw here a dispute regarding Canon and Nikon, which makes greater photos, may I ask why Canon and why Nikon? I personally love Nikon, but I don't know what camera to get now! I just want an upgrade from the one I have right now.
Comparing Nikon and Canon is a waste of time and energy. If you have lenses invested Nikon and/or love Nikon, by all means, get a Nikon. If not, toss a coin! :)

Coke or Pepsi? ;)

Yes, Matt, sorry for not opening a new thread. I know about photography, I'm still learning though, but believe me, if you don't have a good camera, it's in vain sometimes! I've sended a photo to an intl contest and I was so sorry I couldn't take a better picture of that stormy sky... but that's my camera now... that's why I need a better one.
Sorry again. I'll open a new thread for my questions.

photomaniac said:
believe me, if you don't have a good camera, it's in vain sometimes! I've sended a photo to an intl contest and I was so sorry I couldn't take a better picture of that stormy sky... but that's my camera now... that's why I need a better one.

I don't believe you. If you can take a great picture with a pinhole camera, or a holga, you can do it with anything.

The best photographer in the world isn't the best because he or she has the best camera....it's because he or she is the best at taking photos using their equipment.
It's the photographer that ultimately determines how good a person's shots are...not the camera although the camera can help with certain features.

And I don't think Matt was rude either

This goes back to the age old dispute of "professional" cameras and the photographer takes the picture, not the camera and is waaaay off subject of the original thread.

I don't own a 20D so that's all I have to say. ;)

It's a poor carpenter that blames his tools.

I agree with Matt, a truly good photographer should be able to make a good image with any camera.

If you are expecting your photography skill to improve by buying a more expensive camera...you will disappointed.

That being said, it's obvious that some (digital) cameras are better than others...especially if your goal is to make large prints. But even the cheapest of digital cameras can make a good image...if the photographer knows how to make the best of it.

Ice said:
That's just not true Matt, and kinda rude also.

Teru Kuwayama, who has shot for Newsweek, Fortune, Time, Life, and yes... National Geographic, prefers toy cameras over the high-tech stuff. On his trips to India and other places, he often packs several Holga cameras, which are $15 cheapos with a single plastic lens (not glass), a single shutter speed, two apertures (sort of), and leak light. He uses a digital SLR when he has to because the magazines want quick uploads. You may argue that the magazines what him to use the better equipment, but he got known to the magazines because of his work with really cheap stuff.

Big Mike said:
If you are expecting your photography skill to improve by buying a more expensive camera...you will disappointed.

Indeed. If you can't explicitly state exactly why new equipment will help you (like maybe a faster shutter and why you need a faster shutter), then you will probably get more of the same.

And back on topic, I use a 10D, which is close enough to the 20D. If I upgrade, it will be to the 5D or whatever comes out after. Right now, it's good enough for what I'm doing.

Well, I don't want my skills to improve with a better camera, but I just ruined some very good pictures just because the flash is too weak, for example, or the zoom is not enough, and so on. I don't want to loose great oppotunities just because I have now a 3 MP with 3x optical and almost no flash.

But of course that's only my opinion and I really don't want to start an argue here.

And I'm not such a great photographer as Teru Kuwayama, so I need a little help...

Please stick to the topic.
If there are other issues that anyone needs to address, please do so via PM's.

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back