Photos OK to edit
I took these on my trip to Arizona in July...HOT HOT HOT lol
C&C def welcome as always...
DSC01262.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

P.S. I haven't edited any of these!

Nice series. The first one is a real attention grabber, with those vibrant colours. And that golf course is beautiful too

Thanks...i loved those flowers from the first one! they were so beautiful

Do you happen to know what kind of flower they are? They look much like an orchid (both the flower and the bud), but the leaves don't look right. The flower looks like a flame, and your photo of it shows lots of detail, like the frilly edges, and the long stamens.

I have no idea...sry! They were a large bush...and they were all over our resort.

i knew AZ could be pretty ;)

beautiful shots, especially number 1. the flower itself is amazing.

I would have never thought Arizona by looking at those...very nice.

Nice shot.

Those of us who live here know it's pretty. Better still, it's often beautiful.

It's hotter now than it was in July :)

But it's a dry heat ...

This state is beautiful -- I grew up in the Northeast and moved here from Philly in '99

I don't have to shovel heat :)

Do you happen to know what kind of flower they are? They look much like an orchid (both the flower and the bud), but the leaves don't look right. The flower looks like a flame, and your photo of it shows lots of detail, like the frilly edges, and the long stamens.

That's a Mexican Bird Of Paradise.

Thay come in orange and yellow varieties.

I think everyone who lives here knows of the hidden beauty of AZ. Just need to know where to look!

As for that flower its a type of Bird of Paradise. So I figued I do some research to back my claim up, thought I was wrong, second guessed myself, spent 10 minutes looking for it, and then finally found this: Clicky

Scientific: Caesalpinia pulcherrima (formerly known as Poinciana pulcherrima)
Common: red bird-of-paradise, Barbados pride, dwarf Poinciana (there are several other common names too)
Family: Fabaceae (bean family)
Origin: West Indies, Mexico

Gotta love Google ;)

Very common to use for landscaping, at least in Tucson it is. :mrgreen:

that 1st flower is stunning! nice shots!

I had a layover at a private airport in Arizona in June. It was 97 degrees but the dry heat to me isn't as bad as the South Florida Swamp heat...LOL...Come to think of it, I have photos of that airport somewhere...Anyway, I actually like the second one the best, I think it has an interesting DoF, and the golf course one make me want to go and play...

Thanks for the info about the flower. It's quite different than the flower we call a bird of paradise here (strelizia).

Most reactions

Back