Who uses Windows?

Who uses what?

• Total voters
I think there should be another option on there for those of use who use both regularly. I use windows for some things and I use linux/open source stuff for a lot of other things. I'd say its about 40-60 windows-linux. The only reason I keep windows around is to keep current for my work and it is hard to beat photoshop. I realize the gimp is taking steps in the right direction, but PS is still the winner in my mind.

windows :salute:
i can imagine myself moving more into linux. the fact that it's free (i only learned that last month) gives it a couple awesomeness points. I've had knoppix for weeks now, but haven't used it. i'm completely addicted to my windows setup and PS

macs are the devil, my whole family enjoys dissing macs

yeah, why?
Don't wanna compare Windows to Os X, but it's like you'd try to compare a bike to a Mercedes :D
(oh no, I'm already dead and gone, 100% Windows users, *oops* :D )
sorry :)

because we're windows people :p
i don't mean to tread on any feelings man, i'm sure you know about the long history of the tension between windows ppl and mac ppl

seriously though, i've not had any pleasant experiences with them
my beef is mostly with the fact that macs are different just for the sake of being different, rather than because of a mere divergence in the progress towards a better computing solution

Well have you ever had time to play around with Mac OS X? It is a wonderful OS in my opinion. Very easy to use and extremely intuitive. And its built on a unix foundation which makes it that much better. The only thing keeping me from switching is the cost. That is my one beef with Apple, everything they produce is so freakin' expensive. Granted they do offer a student discount on a lot of their products, but I can still build a great machine that'll run windows or preferable linux for a third of the cost!

Maybe one day... :D

Not really windows, but PC. More versatile, and I can try to fix it myself. With a Mac, I suppose you just got to send it back.

Windows is alright. I prefer the Win 98 interface though. Mac OS can be tricky sometimes. This is a case where simple may not be all that good.

Don't judge Mac Os X if you don't even know it. But aggiezach is right, that stuff is too expensive, but I think it's worth it. checkt this out:
"compared head-to-head against PCs in a large series of Photoshop tests, the dual 2.5GHz, dual 2GHz, and dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5 systems ran the 45 filters 98%, 82%, and 66% faster, respectively, than the 3.4GHz Pentium 4-based system, and 75%, 63%, and 48% faster than the dual 3.2GHz Xeon-based system."

santino said:
Don't judge Mac Os X if you don't even know it. But aggiezach is right, that stuff is too expensive, but I think it's worth it. checkt this out:
"compared head-to-head against PCs in a large series of Photoshop tests, the dual 2.5GHz, dual 2GHz, and dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5 systems ran the 45 filters 98%, 82%, and 66% faster, respectively, than the 3.4GHz Pentium 4-based system, and 75%, 63%, and 48% faster than the dual 3.2GHz Xeon-based system."

...and cost 98%, 82% and 66% more...jk! :lol:

santino said:
that's true :)
but don't say they're bad cause they're different or better or something like that, that's my opinion.

Word! :D

I love my Dual G4 Mac with OSX, it's rock solid,
speedy, and I don't have the trouble I used to
have with Windows (I'm also using a laptop with
W2K).

And being the only OSX user on this forum
so far, I represent 6% of Apple power - that's
3 times Apple's market share in the US :lol:

Oh, also i have used Red Hat Linux on my laptop,
Linux has made huuuge steps in the past couple of
years. Very nice, considering it's Open Source. There
is some more work on the interface and the memory
management was kinda funky (at least on my old
machine). Really nice, I'd prefer it over Redmont :twisted:

I dont' think I've ever even seen a different operating system other than windows, so I think I'm a bit biased! I'm very curious as to how the other kinds work, though.

Most reactions

Back