What's new

Who'da thunk?

"A particularly nasty Amish farm", eh??? Hmmmm....not quite sure what that means...
 
I'll have to go against the pack on this one and say I liked it with the road better... without it theres just a tree in the middle of a field. But the road is going somewhere. Just my two cents.
 
I'll have to go against the pack on this one and say I liked it with the road better... without it theres just a tree in the middle of a field. But the road is going somewhere. Just my two cents.

I'm not against the road either.
 
"A particularly nasty Amish farm", eh??? Hmmmm....not quite sure what that means...

It's a mess. Gross. Nasty. Filthy. Junk everywhere. Just not an attractive background. You know... distractions and all that stuff.


I am sure I'll be out there quite a bit with this new project. I think I will work on shooting this tree. Might be my nemesis, but damn it, I WILL get it right one of these days.
More purpose in life! Now I have to save a hipster AND a tree!
 
I'd leave the road in. It's part of the story to me.

Here is my take (using the source from the other thread)

$tree.webp

I think when framed this way, you get a sort of winding leading line, where the road starts you out, then as the road peels off, you transistion to the tree, which winds between the clouds to the upper right hand corner.

You get a story with the road, a story of generations of people passing by the worn tree on the worn road. Sort of like two old friends with a complicated and/or simple relationship. Or at least that is the sort of thoughts I had when viewing this image this way. YMMV.

I also desaturated and added some contrast. And warmed it just a tad.
 
Those clouds look really weird. Is this a composite?

No, not a composite, but I did notice the white balance is really bad! I just slapped something up quick cuz I love this tree. Post is shoddy!
 
They are so weird that they dominate the image for me - the perspective on them, particularly when close to the horizon, is curious.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom