Whoops! Somethings not right here

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
About 2-3 years ago I was heading up to Scotland. 5 hours after leaving Euston and we still hadnt got as far as Crewe, train was going about 20mph we passed this mess

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

BTW no one was hurt

Uh-oh.
That does not look right AT ALL!!!
So that is why there are such hour-long delays?
When I came from Plymouth and was heading towards Portsmouth, I had to change trains in Westbury ... and there I had to wait for my connection for some 2 1/2 hours (when the connection was supposed to be within 45 minutes... :roll: ).

I am glad to hear that no one was hurt!!!
There was this bad, bad Transrapid accident here in Germany only a couple of weeks ago when 23 persons were even killed........

Ouch. Now theres an insurance claim.

Obviously another train had pulled out of their lane in front of this one, causing it to brake violently, and cause the accident you see. Couldn't possible be the fault of the driver, the operator or even Railtrack. No way. They never make mistakes.
:grumpy:

hovis said:
Obviously another train had pulled out of their lane in front of this one, causing it to brake violently, and cause the accident you see. Couldn't possible be the fault of the driver, the operator or even Railtrack. No way. They never make mistakes.
:grumpy:
you forgot 'wrong type of leaves on the line'

chris82 said:
Surley the drivers must have been hurt.
All british train drivers are impact tested for just such occurences, and only allowed to drive once they've passed the test. The test consists of firing a chicken from a cannon at the individual.

Of course, the test only started to get positive results once they'd figured out not to use frozen chickens.

And don't call me Shirley.

chris82 said:
Surley the drivers must have been hurt.
From what the papers said the driver jumped clear OR he left his cab and ran into the engine part (different papers said different things)

hovis said:
All british train drivers are impact tested for just such occurences, and only allowed to drive once they've passed the test. The test consists of firing a chicken from a cannon at the individual.

Of course, the test only started to get positive results once they'd figured out not to use frozen chickens.

And don't call me Shirley.
:biglaugh:

wow man...nice shots....most ppl will never see anything like that in person...good thing you had your camera

Most reactions

New Topics

Back