What's new

Who's afraid ... ?

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Wolf Hollow - 011.webp
 
What a beautiful animal. How did you get the shot?
 
waiting for you to answer to Leonore :)
 
What a beautiful animal. How did you get the shot?

The Boston Metro area is slowly being taken over by large packs of vicious wolves.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
hehehe... time for me to come clean. :)

This is more an example of my competence working my camera than it is my intrepid wildlife shooting capabilities. :)

This was taken at Wolf Hollow in Ipswich NH.
Wolf Hollow Ipswich, MA Non-Profit Organization Dedicated to the Preservation of Wolves.

(very worthwhile trip if you're anywhere within a couple hour drive, btw)

There were TWO chain link fences between me and these wolves, spaced about 3' apart. I was about 10' from the fences, and I'd put the wolf at about 15' from them. Pretty neat what you can do if you know how to do it. :)
 
waiting for you to answer to Leonore :)
well, it turned out that I really was waiting for you to answer... I've just hit the "New Post" for the last time before I log out and go to sleep :)
 
Context matters:

iBtqxgG.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
Yeah you can actually pay for a photoshoot in the facility with the wolves if you like. I bet that would be an interesting experience. They're not tame, but they're clearly used to humans.
 
Dear God man.. you took pictures of an animal.. in captivity!

For the love of all that is holy.. ok, nobody panic. It's ok Manny. We'll do a quick google search and see if we can find a support group in your area. Everything is going to be just fine...

Lol

Ok, seriously though, great shot - and you know that paid admission photoshoot thing sounds really, really cool.
 
Every year, some rescue group - don't know which one - brings a wolf to my campus and gives a talk about conservation. I got to see the wolf once during the talk in the auditorium. Just such gorgeous creatures! That wolf rescue in Ipswich might need a visit the next time we're driving up to Maine.

Nice work, bunny! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom