Why Adorama why?

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to Adorama today to get a sigma 10-20mm lens but When i got there they told me that it was out of stock. So I decided to go to B&H to find out its out of stock there too. Went to a local camera shop and they dont carry sigma. Got back home and checked the Adorama site and it says nothing about in being out of stock. Now I am mad >:[

*confused*
chances are they got a delivery in whilst you were at the shops - its in stock now so you can order :)

oh and does that donate button work?
actualy are we even allowed to have them?

The guy at the shop said they might have it in 2-3 days. And I also checked before I left. And with the donate button nobody donated yet and I don't know if we are allowed to have them :p. When the mods say something Ill remove it.

o and one more thing...it made me miss the fight club

it could be a drop-ship item - ships directly from distributor's warehouse when you order online, but they don't have it in stock in their own warehouse - regular thing - most big online retailers use drop-ships in order to reduce inventory but have processing time manageable

Sorry to hear 2009 has started off so bad for you. ;)

yea but at least B&H posts on their website that they are out of stock in the store.

sometimes I think online shops delibratly try to stay at 1 item in stock just so it pressures people into purchasing the "last one"

No issues with the Nikkor 105mm lens today. :biggrin:

btw, the Donate button is a bit cheeky. Do you really value your comments that much?

you know with my fingers nearly falling off through all the "which macro lens to get" threads I have a feeling that macro will be a popular subject this summer! :)

^^ huh?...... oh, yeah...... I think I did read the 105mm had macro functionality. Hmmmm funny about that, I'll difinetly look into that.

Ill have to wait for that lens...and with the sig, the Mods got to me lol

You should have walked to 17th St. Photo it is like a block away from the Adorama store. Once when I went to Adorama they were closed and I saw a sign across the street that said "17th St. Photo" with a big arrow. They were really nice and I saved about $75 on the two lenses I bought. It doesn't look like store, you have to ride an elevator up to the second floor.

You should have walked to 17th St. Photo it is like a block away from the Adorama store. Once when I went to Adorama they were closed and I saw a sign across the street that said "17th St. Photo" with a big arrow. They were really nice and I saved about $75 on the two lenses I bought. It doesn't look like store, you have to ride an elevator up to the second floor.
If I only knew before lol

I went to Adorama today to get a sigma 10-20mm lens but When i got there they told me that it was out of stock. So I decided to go to B&H to find out its out of stock there too. Went to a local camera shop and they dont carry sigma. Got back home and checked the Adorama site and it says nothing about in being out of stock. Now I am mad >:[

Firstly, I would like to apologize that you were inconvenienced, and then attempt to clarify how the stock situation works.

The Adorama store inventory in New York is quite separate from the stock at the Fulfillment Center in New Jersey. An item showing on our website indicates that it should be on the shelves in NJ - not on the shelves in the store. This is why we can't take Internet orders for store collection.

With high demand items, frequent delivery and dispatch times mean that items can come in one door, be packaged, and out of another within a couple of hours, so real time inventory is often not possible.

One poster has referred to drop shipping; some of our TV sets, for example, appear to be out of stock on our website, because they are not physically on our shelves; however, if we have an arrangement with a manufacturer or distributor for immediate availability for drop-shipping, theoretically, that item is 'in stock'.

Finally, even with the website inventory, it is entirely possible that we could receive several dozen orders for a popular item (eg the new Canon camera) at the same time - by telephone or via our website; If we have 29 in stock but receive 30 orders, it isn't always going to be immediately obvious that one customer is going to be disappointed.

If you ever have any queries or concerns regarding an order or purchase from Adorama, you are always very welcome to contact me directly: [email protected]

Sincerely
Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]
www.adoramacamera.com

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back