Why can't I come up with a design for a logo....

You're not being mean. I get it. It does suck. You're sayin it's redundant because of imaging is more of the graphic design aspect? Or what?

Because a lot of photogs use Image, Images, or Imaging to get rid of the word photography so, having both is way too much.

wi2.jpg

Now, this is what I had in mind. Different variations on this idea but I would not cut the W because, then, it may not be so obvious to some people that it is a W. Make the I (with a dot) part of the W. There are hundreds of ways of doing that and you will need to figure out which is the one you want.

But it would make a very simple, clean design and that is the main thing. Most designs are not simple and clean and, they suck.

Last but not least, make sure you do not make your design in PS. It needs to be in Illustrator.

Last but not least, make sure you do not make your design in PS. It needs to be in Illustrator.

Unless you're like me, and major in PS and suck in Illustrator. Then you design it in PS, and have somebody else redraw it in Illustrator. Of course our company has lots of graphics artists, so that's easy for me to say.

And they laugh at you...and say "wth didn't you use illustrator for?"...

I never use illustrator unless I know I am going to use the logo or image design. For proofs or examples I almost always use PS

For proofs or examples you use PS. But you do create the logos in Illustrator dont you? If not could you explain why? PS logos are only good at the size they are created or smaller. Illustrator logos can be any size you want without any loss of detail. After creating the logo in Illustrator you can put it through PS to create a bitmap image so its not worthwhile to copy.

That is what I do! All Proofs are in PS. The final is the one I use Illustrator for

Most reactions

New Topics

Back