Why can't I come up with a design for a logo....

Ub3rdoRK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.walesimaging.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So Maybe my lack of design skills but I cant come up with a logo for the life of me. Basically I need a logo for "Wales Imaging" for a couple of websites for linking back to MY website. I am willing to paypal some money to any of you guys that can come up with something for me...or atleast give me some ideas.

I basically need something simple, not crazy colorful or sparkly. I mostly shoot for bands like live shows and promos for them...Also portraits as well.

I know im probably going to get flamed for this but I figured I would try here before I go to a graphic artist to create something for me for some major bucks where I dont bring in those major bucks...just a low income small band photographer to make some extra cash for my expensive taste.

If you are interested in helping me, please email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
So Maybe my lack of design skills but I cant come up with a logo for the life of me. Basically I need a logo for "Wales Imaging" for a couple of websites for linking back to MY website. I am willing to paypal some money to any of you guys that can come up with something for me...or atleast give me some ideas.

I basically need something simple, not crazy colorful or sparkly. I mostly shoot for bands like live shows and promos for them...Also portraits as well.

I know im probably going to get flamed for this but I figured I would try here before I go to a graphic artist to create something for me for some major bucks where I dont bring in those major bucks...just a low income small band photographer to make some extra cash for my expensive taste.

If you are interested in helping me, please email me at [email protected]

You sound like me, lol. I shoot bands and portraits with low income. I had trouble designing a logo and business card myself. I ended up going to a graphic artist I was related to. Do you have a friend who is an artist that can help you out? That would, IMO, be the easiest most cost effective solution. Also, your logo should be something that defines your business. I chose a bird with a large beak because I'm known as Beaker and that's the name of my business. Its one thing to come up with a logo but it should represent something too.

yeah I have a couple of friends that are decent at it....I just need to get ideas from an outside source to get things flowing. Ive gone to those people too and not much help, some just dont take it serious enough.

A logo needs to be simple, and it needs to resonate and be readily recognizable by your clientel and target market, not you.

Graphic designers post threads about photographers designing logos, like photographers post threads about graphic designers photographing weddings. :lol:

Just a quick vision that first came to mind when I first read your thread. Take from it what you will. If it helps spark any ideas at all for you then it's done some good. Again it a very rough concept that would need to worked on and the time spent on the elements was very minimal.

Elements contained: Guitars and mic for the band side. Aperture for the photography side. (I know it's a little cliche but it's also a very simple shape as well.) The shape of the two guitars and mic form a "W" and the mic alone forms an "I" for Wales Imaging. Just a rough vision and one of many possibilities. If you need any of the files for the element I will hold on to them for a while but I would imagine you or who you get to work for you could easily create them only better given more time.

Cheers!

Wales%20Imaging.jpg

A logo needs to be simple, and it needs to resonate and be readily recognizable by your clientel and target market, not you.

Graphic designers post threads about photographers designing logos, like photographers post threads about graphic designers photographing weddings. :lol:

Which is why we're photographers and not graphic artists :)

Actually if you cannot recognize your own logo that may also be a problem. All kidding aside though, the point of someone unfamiliar with the company linking the logo, and simple message it conveys to said company is very truely the goal.

However we poke fun at amateur persons who pick a symbol that seemingly has nothing to do with what they market or maybe link more to their name then their product. Sometimes this is because they did not have it designed by someone in graphic design other times there are other reasons. Quite frankly the Nike swoosh has very little to do with what they sell in my opinion and it still works as it is easily to committed to memory. That is one of a good number branded logos that just goes to show you it can go both ways.

I do agree though that in the beginning when you are just starting out it pays to have logo modeled after Kieth's comments and points to ponder.

Hmm... Graphic designers post threads about any non graphic designer who designs logos. ;) I still hold higher regards for the photographers as they do give credit where credit is due. I see much more positive feedback from photographers then I have seen from the graphic design scene. Even if it's along the lines of "That is OK for your first time, but keep practicing and you might want to..."

Im really not looking for a symbol...more of a clean logo with clean lines and good font. Minimal color is a must, more gray scale like blacks etc.

Im really not looking for a symbol...more of a clean logo with clean lines and good font. Minimal color is a must, more gray scale like blacks etc.

So, you're looking for something for free, that will help you not have to do work for free?

Um I think so if I can understand that correctly. I need a simple text based logo with some flair I guess.

See it's simple which I love. My only thing is it's a little too bold for me. I do appreciate your submission very much.

See it's simple which I love. My only thing is it's a little too bold for me. I do appreciate your submission very much.

No problem. Maybe it'll help get your creative juices going. Good Luck.

Ralph

This is one i've been tossing around. I just dont know how to make it look more 3 dimensional, as if they were layered over eachother. maybe one peeled up in the corner or something..

input anyone?
LabelIdeacopy.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back