Why can't I come up with a design for a logo....

You're not being mean. I get it. It does suck. You're sayin it's redundant because of imaging is more of the graphic design aspect? Or what?

plus cloudwalker you have helped me out in the past and I do appreciate the honesty.

I've gone back to basics....

how bout this one? inspired by waynegz1...

WalesImaginglogo1copy.jpg

I feel I need a color though because its going to be on websites with black pages....maybe just a frame in white around it? or black?

Last edited:
Just let the guy who offered to make you one for $50 do it. That's very reasonable and looking at his/her work they aren't a hack and I think you would get more than you moneys worth. You'll get something professional looking. Right now you are basically asking for spec work which designers don't like which is why you probably won't get a lot of useful help. A logo is worth investing in.

If you are still set on making it your self my advice would be to go with a sans serif type face. That will get you more along the lines of clean with clean lines that you wanted.

Just let the guy who offered to make you one for $50 do it. That's very reasonable and looking at his/her work they aren't a hack and I think you would get more than you moneys worth. You'll get something professional looking. Right now you are basically asking for spec work which designers don't like which is why you probably won't get a lot of useful help. A logo is worth investing in.

If you are still set on making it your self my advice would be to go with a sans serif type face. That will get you more along the lines of clean with clean lines that you wanted.

Serif fonts is what I've heard is used most. But what about colors?

thats basically what im working with at this moment...I just need a small detail with it other than just font. Or am I just over thinking it?

Who cares what is used most. Use what gives you the look you want to portray and what you like. You seem to be liking sans serif so go with it. You don't want to use what is used most anyways, stand out.

Just use a light gray when you have it against black and a darker gray when it will be used against white.

screenshot20101221at315.png

Something clean and simple like this is really all you need in my opinion.

I still can't say I am a fan of stand alone wordmark style logos, especially when they are of the variety created by taking a commonly available TTF adorned with commonly used formatting such as bold-type, italicizing, underlining, or inverted (highlighting) with not so much as even a change in the texts kerning.

Here is a fairly simple letterform mark. When small it is simple enough to make out the W and I from Wales Imaging in reduced resolution. When larger it is thick enough to take on textures to further emphasize what it is you do in your business. (photograph rock stars and their bands) The text below can easily be left or removed as needed.

wi2.jpg

Who cares what is used most. Use what gives you the look you want to portray and what you like. You seem to be liking sans serif so go with it. You don't want to use what is used most anyways, stand out.

Just use a light gray when you have it against black and a darker gray when it will be used against white.

screenshot20101221at315.png

Something clean and simple like this is really all you need in my opinion.
:thumbup:

Not like I dont have real work to do but I am having fun!
walesimages2.jpg

Ok I am not so excited any more! LOL Time to go back to my work! Oh By the way, it took me 6 months to get my logo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back