Why do you take Photos?

I started out wanting to e-mail my family in the 'states some pics of the kids. Then I wanted to take better pics of the kids. Then I took pictures of things that were not kids. Then I wanted to take better pictures of things that were not kids.

Now that the camera has moved in, and refuses to pay rent, I've decided to run the little bugger down by using it at every opportunity.

Really though, if I didn't take pictures, I'd play more guitar, and no one wants that. Seriously.

I started taking photos, because I wanted to have them to remember parts of my life. It has become more than that. Sometimes self expression, but mostly just things I come across that I find interesting.

Lately it has become more about the creativity and the challenge to create some unique, amazing, very creative, captivating, and perhaps beautiful in the eyes of others.

Talk about a challenge. :?

I like how ordinary things can look entirely different through a lens and how thinking about photographing something/someone gives me the opportunity to look at things in a new way. For me, photography is about discovery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back