My guess is budget cuts...can't afford new gear, I bet they are buying stuff of CL..........
........Although, now they can sell the space shuttles and make a few bucks off those, posibilities...

480Sparky, that is freakin awsome, I was worried that it might be slightly out of my price range, but 1.7billion I think is a fair starting place for the negotiations. For the lead, you'll be the first to know if I'm going to space!.
.....Quick thought back to the OP, I bet Nasa could afford a D3S if they sold that. Just a thought.
Bonus trivia quiz: How many Hasselblad bodies & lenses are still on the moon?
To do what with it? Take pix of a launch pad being dismantled?
........It's not a case of going and buying off the shelf components. ...........
........It's not a case of going and buying off the shelf components. ...........
That's pretty much what they do, though.