Why is most street photography black and white?

B&W images blocks out a lot of distractions and hides unfavorable lighting conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here in Boston it makes sense cause B&W is more gritty, and since it's a gritty city (for the most part) it goes along with it's vibe... I don't think B&W street photography looks quite as nice in warm climates with warmer tones. Best cities IMO for B&W street photography are London and New York, especially during winter months

Black and white images have a timeless look to them, they are instant classics. Black & White is simple, these images tend to look more dramatic due to the contrast.

Holy crap, you too?!!?

I ALSO point the lens at **** and then press the button! It is like we are twins!

Well here in Boston it makes sense cause B&W is more gritty, and since it's a gritty city (for the most part) it goes along with it's vibe... I don't think B&W street photography looks quite as nice in warm climates with warmer tones. Best cities IMO for B&W street photography are London and New York, especially during winter months
Boston, the flower of our democracy ... the home of our independance ... gritty ... say no more!

Boston, the flower of our democracy ... the home of our independance ... gritty ... say no more!

Well when you're from the part I'm from there's not many flowers..

Short video, similar to the way I shoot, same camera but I don't talk to people

And this guy is shooting film. I can only imagine what would happen if he switched to digital.

It would be great if this guy would have shooted this video in digital as well, and at the end he would have compared both.

It would be great if this guy would have shooted this video in digital as well, and at the end he would have compared both.

I would guess he likes film beter than digital like me

More Hipster points

Most reactions

New Topics

Back