Why is my A65 taking double photos every time?

hollah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me preface by saying I have consulted the manual, tinkered with settings on my own, and made several Google attempts to find this answer on my own.

I don't know what in the world I did this morning when I was familiarizing myself with all the settings and menus, but every time I take a single photo two images are recorded to the card. After every photo a message that reads, "Processing image. Please wait..." pops up and then two images that are veeeeeery slightly different from one another are written to the card. Why is it take 2 photos back to back? This is only in the priority & manual modes. In auto it only takes one photo. Camera is set to single shooting. I've gone back to try and return everything to how I found it... but no luck.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

-Holly

Shooting in RAW + JPG mode ?

Camera is set to "Fine", which I assume means a higher quality JPEG than "Standard"?

Thank you for replying! :)

Aside from the "quality" setting, i.e. "fine", there is another menu item where you can choose "RAW + JPEG".

You can either change it to "JPEG" "RAW", or leave it set to both file types.

The reason your camera wants you to wait is because it is writing data to the SD card.

There is probably a way to return all settings to "default" - consult your manual.

Did you set it to HDR mode ? "down" on the directional pad.

Bracket shot.....located by pressing fn button and 1st icon top left?

Sent from my Tapatalk enabled device.

Have you checked what drive mode you are in?

Are you in single shot, or some kind of continous mode?

My dad has a Sony and it has an auto crop setting for portraits using rule of thirds.

When all else fails, a factory reset fixes it.

There are several modes that lead to more than one shot:

1. Raw + jpeg
2. bracketing
3. multi-shot noise reduction
4. HDR
5. continuous shooting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back