Why is the price so low?

arsondesign

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The 40D camera body is $379! This includes a one year warranty... plus if you buy an accessory for it they extend the warranty to two years. I have been looking at it daily and the price occasionally goes up about $110. I just don't understand how a new camera body that normally costs between $800-$1200 is listed as nearly 1/4 of that.

http://www.usaphotonation.com/products.asp?product_id=14489&engine=everyprice#acc

Holy...macaroni. No clue. I think I'll email them, and if it's a legitimate answer, I'll think about ordering one.

Because it is what as know as bait and switch, when you place you order you will need to "Call to confirm", once they have you on the phone they will tell you it is a Gray Market camera with no English menus and then sell you the US Version for alot more plus they only sell you the body and take all the standard accessoris out of the box. YOu will need to buy the battery, charger, camera strap, and everythine else.
Do yourself a favor and never look at that site again.

Here is part of the reason:
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM Autofocus Lens
Price: $549.99

I just paid $370 for that very same lens yesterday (with delivery!). You save on the body, but they literally screw you on accessories. Watch... I bet if you ask JUST to purchase the body, they won't sell it to you.

When something looks too good to be true... well, you *know* the rest.

This just totally screams SCAM!

They do have a satisfaction guarantee... should the menus be in another language. I'm going to call them like I should have done in the first place...

"USA Photo Nation is committed to your satisfaction. We will gladly replace most defective items. We offer a 10-day satisfaction guarantee from date of receipt for all photo equipment, digital imaging products, video and DVD players."

"Most defective items." Doesn't sound too promising. I also wonder when they start the 10 days, when you receive the product or when they ship it. They might start the 10 days when they ship it, and then in order to return it you have to have it back to them in 10 days. Totally lame, but that's how some scams work.

I just called and they hung up on me! I just said I wanted to confirm the price and he said "it's sold out at the moment, give us a call around Christmas" or at least I think that's what he said because when I was about to ask he hung up immediately after.

Wow, and it says on their site that it's in stock??

I wouldn't trust them.

The other two sites = probably the same story.

this IS a scam. It's a KNOWN scam.
Pay around MSRP or build your own...lmfao

It's the same bloody website. Look down the left under other resources. All those dodgy dealers do the whole look at consumer ratings we're 5 star bloody fantastic with great shopcartusa feedback and other garbage like that.

Now look at a proper dealer: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ Only payment information and authorised dealer tags on the bottom. Also if you find anything cheaper than bhphotovideo I really would consider it a scam. Their prices are sometimes cheaper than on ebay for the same grey market stuff. And they have the decency to list stuff that's grey market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back