Why is this so terrible.....

Keith: thanks for the book suggestions! I'm downloading the free one now, and I'll check my library for the others!

But you would have the before and after photo. AND get instructions on how to get there.
All right all right Astro. You win.
I didn't read the comments.

I think it just had too much road.

I'm bored at work and decided to give it a lick in Lightroom.

This is about 5 minutes tweaking on it.

I think it's a lovely image
This is definitely a vast improvement. Can you please tell me what you did?

Keith: thanks for the book suggestions! I'm downloading the free one now, and I'll check my library for the others!
FREE!!

downloaded it too :)
:thumbup:

This is definitely a vast improvement. Can you please tell me what you did?

Here you go
$123.jpg

I mean the road is nice but it leads to nothing.
Thanks for chiming in. However, I was under the impression that the road was leading to the mountain. Perhaps a higher vantage point like another poster suggested would help make that more apparent.

If I post an original, would someone be willing to help me from scratch?

I can help you. I don't have aperture, but there is nothing that I have done that can't be done in any other program.

Here's my attempt using Lightroom 5.3:

The crop is pretty obvious, although I left a little more of the road in there than TWright...
As for general tweaks to the image, I kicked up the exposure a little, added some contrast, some clarity (aka local contrast) and a little vibrance and saturation. For specific ones, I warmed up the white balance to being back the green colour in the trees, brought the shadows up for the mountains, tweaked the tone curve just a little for more contrast in the darks and added some saturation to the oranges and blues in the sky.

I then added a Grad filter to counteract the exposure changes in the sky that was waaay too bright and white at this point. This GND had -100 on highlights, and little contrast and saturation added to bring back the nice blue colour.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Do you want it posted here? Or emailed to you?

Don't worry about the tripod. Just work on your vertical leap and you should be fine. ISO 400 should net you a fast enough shutter to jump and get it. :lol:

In all srs bsns ns, I.... don't have anything to add because my thoughts have been covered.

I mean the road is nice but it leads to nothing.
Thanks for chiming in. However, I was under the impression that the road was leading to the mountain. Perhaps a higher vantage point like another poster suggested would help make that more apparent.

Well it could be a road leading to Mount Nothing. Although I tihnk Mount Nothing is in Colorado somewhere...

Most reactions

Back