Why newbies quit and why they shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooler_King

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.books52.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This video was embedded on a design blog that I read but the lessons apply superbly to photography I think.

Take 5 minutes and 20 seconds out of your day to listen to an expert talking about why everyone sucks when the start, and why he persevered and why you should to.

Video is

Last edited by a moderator:
So there's hope! :lol:

Thanks for sharing, I'll keep that in mind every day when I sit in front of Lightroom disappointed that I have nothing to upload out of the 20-50 shots I took.

Thanks for sharing, I'll keep that in mind every day when I sit in front of Lightroom disappointed that I have nothing to upload out of the 20-50 shots I took.

If I had a quarter for everytime that happened to me....
Thats why I take 50-100 shots :D

When I think back on how many rolls of film I burned without a single good print to show for it... eesh...

My take is that some n00bies quit because they get hammered for being new and not knowing anything but pretend they do and they start fights with members that DO know what they're talking about.

Yes, there are some n00bies that simply don't know everything and when they try to push their point (that they obviously don't know from a hole in the ground) as though they know it absolutely and un-arguably, they get hammered even more for being thick headed, insulting and ignorant.

There's a good example of this very behavior in the Watermarking and Copyrighting threads (one of which got closed after n00bie got schooled) of n00bie pretending to know something as fact and arguing the point by calling names and by telling those that DO know better not to bother arguing the point because n00bie is right. Even though n00bie's not right. By a long shot.

Then, when n00bie gets put in his place many many times by many many people, he simply ignores those that know the truth and n00bie tries to tell those that were telling n00bie he's way wrong that they shouldn't bother conversing or making their point, all the while making insults and calling names. I suppose in some cases n00bies should just quit. Or at least know when to STFU.

Ya know what I mean? ;)

Oh no not again :lmao: It could be due to asking stupid questions without even reading the manual and then posting a load of crap

Does that mean you get two quarters when you are disappointed? :lol:

I will have to check out the video when I get home. I don't have a sound card in my work computer. Thanks for sharing!

My take is that some n00bies quit because they get hammered for being new and not knowing anything but pretend they do and they start fights with members that DO know what they're talking about.

Yes, there are some n00bies that simply don't know everything and when they try to push their point (that they obviously don't know from a hole in the ground) as though they know it absolutely and un-arguably, they get hammered even more for being thick headed, insulting and ignorant.

There's a good example of this very behavior in the Watermarking and Copyrighting threads (one of which got closed after n00bie got schooled) of n00bie pretending to know something as fact and arguing the point by calling names and by telling those that DO know better not to bother arguing the point because n00bie is right. Even though n00bie's not right. By a long shot.

Then, when n00bie gets put in his place many many times by many many people, he simply ignores those that know the truth and n00bie tries to tell those that were telling n00bie he's way wrong that they shouldn't bother conversing or making their point, all the while making insults and calling names. I suppose in some cases n00bies should just quit. Or at least know when to STFU.

Ya know what I mean? ;)

Your wife and kids must get bored of you. Obviously love the sound of your own voice but it's all good. Post reported.

i may never reach high potential but i will never quit learning and trying..i just love this hobby... this is a great video to help people understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back