KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I notice that DXo Labs has already tested Nikon's newest camera the D5000, but hasn't yet tested Canon's new T1i.

Hummmmmmmm......................

It's cause we all know nikon is better then canon. Lol all jokes aside, maybe canon hasnt sent them a sample yet.

Nahh...... I was in a fine restaurant a while back and asked about a getting a sample of Kobe Beef before I ordered. They told me that if I didn't know the difference between the Kobe and the other beef I should just stick with second best cause I wouldn't appreciate the difference. :mrgreen:

Seriously, it may also depend on what Nikon sent and what Canon is willing to send. If I remember a while back Canon got burned with a pre-production model that did not get stellar reviews. The post production model was different and improved, but the damage was done. And maybe Canon only has one or two sample bodies and it just hasn't got that far down the line. :lmao:

I figured it out. DXO only lists the camera as a 500D.

New question. Why does Canon give their cameras so many names. Are they like laywers and charge by the word?

Canon EOS Rebel T1i 500D. It took several visits to DXO's web site to figure out the 500D and T1i were the same thing.............

Nikon D90. Short, sweet, easy to remember and minimizes confusion.
Nikon D300
Nikon D3x

The different names are for different regions. The rebel series in Japan i think is called the Kiss. but for some reason multiple names are only given to the rebel series...

The different names are for different regions. The rebel series in Japan i think is called the Kiss. but for some reason multiple names are only given to the rebel series...
Oh, they have even more names.
Ok, sure, that makes sense. :confused: :lol:

Last edited:
My wife just spent two days shooting with a T1i in Yosemite. I'll let you know what she thinks.
Thanks for the offer :thumbup:, but I'm a techno geek and mistrust peoples perceptions.

Which is why I frequent DXO Mark's web site for definitive, camera RAW image quality information. I'll peruse Canon's website for pertinent feature information.

My wife just spent two days shooting with a T1i in Yosemite. I'll let you know what she thinks.
Thanks for the offer :thumbup:, but I'm a techno geek and mistrust peoples perceptions.

Which is why I frequent DXO Mark's web site for definitive, camera RAW image quality information. I'll peruse Canon's website for pertinent feature information.

LOL LOL

Hey, I live right outside of Yosemite! XD

I was thinking about getting the XSi, but then I saw that the T1i has HD video, and the XSi doesn't seem to have any video (from what the spec sheets show). If I can get the money, I'll probably get the T1i as my starter, and probably a keeper for life. But, I still have about $700 more to save for it. ^^;

So, link to the review of the 500D?

I just ordered a T1i. Got the camera body by itself for 759 on ebay. I went a step further and bought the 50mm USM, and the 580 EX flash. I cant wait. Waiting for this stuff to come in the mail after ordering it is like being a little kid and waiting for santa....wow.

But the reason i upgraded from my XTI is because i wanted a video camera plus we just had a new born. So convincing my wife was relatively easy because i told her we needed a video cam for the baby and i needed a really good portrait lens. I think you should def upgrade to t1i, much better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back