Why oh why

InFlight

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why are we nominatinating others work every month instead of our own for the competition?

If I am proud of what I have done and would like to win I am sure there are others who would feel the same and have more turn out for all the competitions and have more people voting.

I found the competition un enthusiastic.

You'd be looking at the wrong monthly competition, this is the one you want
The Photo Challenge

In that you are submitting your own work each month to be voted on to see if you can win!

You'd be looking at the wrong monthly competition, this is the one you want
The Photo Challenge

In that you are submitting your own work each month to be voted on to see if you can win!
I think I was looking at the right ones. But you directed me to another.

Why are we nominatinating others work every month instead of our own for the competition?

If I am proud of what I have done and would like to win I am sure there are others who would feel the same and have more turn out for all the competitions and have more people voting.

This is just my opinion, but if our submissions don't inspire others enough to cause them to nominate it, chances are it isn't as good as our biased thoughts tell us.

I’d agree Dean, we can often become attached to our own work and not see it the way others do. If everyone could submit their own I’m sure they would which would be crazy for voting...

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

This is just my opinion, but if our submissions don't inspire others enough to cause them to nominate it, chances are it isn't as good as our biased thoughts tell us.
My thoughts on that is:
My biased thoughts are my photo is better than yours but your friend nominated yours and no one nominated mine for whatever reason and if mine was in nomination to be voted on, the best photo could be picked.
Or Bob's photo could be picked and no one nominated it.
This is a pretty big forum and the counts of inputs for the best should be 30..40..
Instead it's a couple.
If I put one in and only recieved one vote, I would take a look why and learn from it in reflection why and where I am at in skills.
Your skills should be determined by your work and not just one biased nomination.
I am not going to look at every post of the month to decide who's photo I want to nominate.

I’d agree Dean, we can often become attached to our own work and not see it the way others do. If everyone could submit their own I’m sure they would which would be crazy for voting...

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Perfect. If you put yours in and get one vote, you soon look at it, get unattached and decide to further your learning.
If you are scorned, you learn nothing. If you do not have one nominated, you learn nothing.
I have put photos in and placed #2 and recieved hardly any responces in the OP during that month.

I agree the low participation by this forum in voting is troubling. It shows people are not interested in showing an appreciation for the work of others, but perhaps only here to promote themselves.

I think I have only ever had one photo nominated for the contest. This fact tells me I do need more help with my skills and I aspire to better myself. A nomination for the contest itself is a win if it is not so common.

I think I have only ever had one photo nominated for the contest. This fact tells me I do need more help with my skills and I aspire to better myself. A nomination for the contest itself is a win if it is not so common.
So biased I am, I may never ever nominate people who do not agree with me regardless of their skills, because I can.
Now if that person puts up a photo that I cannot deny, the majority will decide.

I agree the low participation by this forum in voting is troubling. It shows people are not interested in showing an appreciation for the work of others, but perhaps only here to promote themselves.
That is reason I put this post up. So those who are only interested in theirs can take a serious look at others.

So biased I am, I may never ever nominate people who do not agree with me regardless of their skills, because I can.
Now if that person puts up a photo that I cannot deny, the majority will decide.

Unfortunately, I am sure this forum does have members who are so shallow they'd let petty differences sway their actions. Let's hope they are the minority and the members that actually care about giving praise and honest input prevail!

Another reason...
If someone is into wedding photog.. and I never ever look at the posts...
I could and would vote for one because it was the best of the month...
Cause interest...
Gain knowledge..

That is reason I put this post up. So those who are only interested in theirs can take a serious look at others.

I hope your idea works and more people participate.

I won iotm once in another forum. I had to choose between two photos to put in.
If I choose wrong, I may not win.
If someone nom'd the wrong one and no one nom'd the other...
So my skills and my unbiased opinion had a play.
I chose the one most would like and not the one I liked more.
I chose wisely, but I still like the other better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back