Why so many pic threads?

Could perhaps be the forum title including the words 'Photo Gallery'. But that could just be me and that whole concept of 'reading comprehension'. Call me strange.

[quote="FTP at top of threads in this forum"Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery: Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. Show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement![/quote]

As well everyone excited about their new toys :)

Some photos, not 16 threads. Not repeat threads from the same posters, about the same stuff, I think that we need to separate them, because when people have actual questions, the thread just gets pushed down under an onslaught of pic threads.

At one point in time there were separate threads. Beginners posted photos in the beginner forum anyway. Beginners also posted very beginner photos in the main photo galleries and people with much higher post counts found that to be objectionable as well.

It is polite to keep your crusades to one thread, though.

Separate issues, that one was apparently a discussion. This on the other hand is a "beginner question".

Then I suppose the question has been answered.... it is a discussion forum as well as a photo gallery as posted above :)

Thats fine, however a separate gallery, and question forum would be logical,organized, and actually help get questions answered.

I believe that was discussed in your previous thread as noted above and the reasons they chose to keep it the wat it is :)

lol new member crusades are funny, especially when it's lost from the get go, when it obviously says photo gallery right in the title. I never understood trying to change things as a newcomer. Why don't you just settle down, get acquainted w/ the people and practices and go with the flow. Some people just feel the need to change things.

Anyway, this part of the forum is for beginner questions AND pictures...whether its 90% questions and 10% pictures or 10% questions and 90% picture threads...it doesn't matter, because it still falls under what this forum is meant for.

If you don't like it, you can just skip those threads..they're obvious to spot. Granted, I wish there was just one thread for noob c&c, but i'm not about to try to rally people to my cause, as they're all within their right to post them.

As well you are always welcome to use the search and subscribe features if you are looking for or worried about losing a certain thread :)

Read the header information of each forum and each gallery. Post in the correct one. Pretty simple idea.

Arch has already addressed your concerns and TPF is undergoing through a restructuring if you aren't aware. The need for separation in the Beginners isn't needed IMO. What is needed is for newbies to read the forum/gallery descriptions.

oh my god!!!! you mean people have been posting photos on a photo forum!!! its the end of the world people, THE END I TELL YOU!!!!!

GAH i HATE when people do that! they've got some nerve posting photos on a photo forum. outrageous and despicable :grumpy: i'll tell ya, some people sure have the balls to go against everything this forum was set up to do. :gah:

:lol:

Most reactions

Back