Why so many snap shots...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spend 80 percent of my time there and about 20 percent here. This was my first photography forum so obviously an attachment and there are things I definitely like about this forum! No need to make this thread so negative. By no means did I say I like nothing about this website. I just said it has changed. Now smile :)

This thread is negative, and it's not the first. There have been several threads recently complaining about the quality of photography and critique on here. It's easy to get a big head and forget that we all took snapshots at one point, and the only way we got better was to show them to someone else to get feedback. I think it's a testament to how great a forum this is, that there are so many novice photographers here posting their snapshots, looking for advice.

Let's all stay cool and level-headed.
This forum also has a "SNAPSHOT"-gallery.
Maybe it is the combined name of "Snapshots and Bloopers" that keeps people away from that one. Maybe it is the fact that few people THINK of their photos as snapshots. Maybe it is because too few really read our guidelines or forum subtitles. Maybe it is because too few members ever go into various other galleries, such as "Snapshots and Bloopers", for example, which is why those who once were there to post photos that they themselves deemed to be snapshots never got looked at by anyone, not to mention getting comments.

But we are not going to rearrange the forums yet again only because some are not happy with the situation as it is at present.

You are free to post your portrait shots in Portraits and Weddings, EJB, if they look like and were arranged and composed as if you had wanted to sell them to a client. If that is the direction you plan on going, go to Portraits and Weddings and read there and post there.

And you are also always invited to explain to our new posters or those who you think cannot produce any decent portraits what you think should be changed and how you think they could create better portraits. That would, in fact, be very kind and very helpful.

To give the majority of our members the feeling they are doing so bad you are not giving them a glance is not quite so helpful, I'm afraid.

Which is why I know I personally give advice. However, I know some of us who have been awhile longer STILL want advice! I am not at all at the level I used to be, and this forum used to help me lot! It's just that the problem is now not a lot of people in this particular part of the site are able to give good CC.

:) You're missing the point so I will stop arguing now. It's not about having a big head. It's about seeing the sites changes and feeling disapppointed by them- wondering if I'm just in the wrong forum. Ah well. Good day to you.

Lafoto- I think you'll notice I give plenty of CC and attempt a lot of "plays" for people, so I give the photos much more than a glance. I will consider using the other forum more often. Thank you :)

OK, enough has been said and we all know about your disappointment and things will turn back up but for the time being this very thread will get closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back