Why won't my lens mount ?

Alright man... let me start by saying that I have no idea what is going wrong. But, I'll do what I can to help...

First off... what EXACTLY is the lens. This information will be instrumental in looking deeper into the problem. You mentioned it is a 70-200mm Macro Lens... that's a start, but to begin getting down to the bottom of this, we'll need to know everything you can determine about the lens by holding it. Is it an actual Nikon-brand lens? Does it say "Nikkor" anywhere on the lens? If not, what other words are on the lens? Are there any identifying markings on it... any acronyms... anything that could help us precisely identify EXACTLY what lens it is?

the only explanation is that its not a nikon mount, or something on the lens mount is bent, broken or twisted.

In the question of whether this is truly a Nikon mount, A bit of creative googling turned up this page (http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html) where the page's author has taken pictures of the bottom of lenses with different mounting systems to help you ID an unknown lens.

It might help you verify it's Nikon (or not).

OH MY GOD!

It works! Thank you all so much for your help what the front glass surrounding reads is:

80-200mm MC Matrix Auto Zoom 1:4.5

The mount on the back was a little bent, had to bend it back with tweazers but it fits! I am now able to shoot, unfortunately I am getting ready to go to work. :( I can't wait to get home and shoot with this baby!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back