Wide Angle Advice. (Nikon D80)

Most of those lenses are already corrected for lens distortion, and if not it can be fixed in Photoshop without having to crop.

to fix the distortion in PS does the photo need to be shot in RAW?

No. It is of course ideal to have the best image to start with, but perspective issues aren't included in the realm of "image algorithms" like White Balance, and Saturation are.

If you guys keep talking so highly of Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 I'm to have to go buy one. :er: I just wish it was same price as the Sigma 10-20.
I have played around with the Sigma 10-20 and that was a fun lens. I saw on the Sigma website that they are coming out with a 10-20 f/3.5, it has a constant f/3.5, where-as the old one was f/3.5-5.6.

How much is the Tokina? I have the sigma 10-20 and absolutely love it but i sure wouldnt mind the f/2.8

If you're looking to shoot city scapes and sports I'd would suggest you get a lens in the 17-50mm area. With a 11-16 or 12-24 your are going to seriously be lacking a long end. It may not be a problem with city scapes, but when you are on the sideline trying to take a picture of someone running down the court or field and your lens is capturing the whole court it's going to suck.

50mm is still a bit short for some sports, but if you want a lens to do both I'd suggest the 17-50mm range. I have a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for my Nikon. I really like the lens. It does get a bit soft at f/2.8, but that's almost to be expected. Stop it down and it is a pretty sharp lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back