wide angle converter question

mitchdabney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello everybody. I own a Minolta MAXXUM 3000i. Is it possible to put a wide angle converter ontop of my lens? I cant find a converter for the specific model of the camera. It has a 46mm threading. Can anyone give me some examples of what would work?

Would this canon lens fit and work properly?:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/294241-REG/Canon_9032A001_WD_H46_46mm_0_7x_Wide.html

other esoteric info on lens:
MAXXUM AF ZOOM 35-80mm 1:4(22)-5.6
[/FONT]

That canon adaper is for camcorders. I don't know what it would do to the quality of you shots if put on the front of an SLR lens. You should look for a wide angle zoom or prime lens.

It is possible to do this but I would not expect the greatest quality.

Could one of you experts explain why the quality would diminish?

Thanks for the replies.

will there be a vignette? THANKS AGAIN!!!!! i hope to hear from all of you

i actually need to get wide angle shots for a project in 7-10 days. can anyone give me some input atleast? Im trying to go for the cheapest alternative without suffering so much on quality.

i actually need to get wide angle shots for a project in 7-10 days. can anyone give me some input atleast? Im trying to go for the cheapest alternative without suffering so much on quality.

I dont't think anyone has tried what you are suggesting. Email or call Canon Tech Support to get their opinion. Please let us know what they say

Most reactions

New Topics

Back