wide angle lens

chizuck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I am to this. I have a olympus e-510 and i want a good wide angle lens. Is there and that are recommended.

thanks chuck

if you type something like "olympus wide angle" in google, you get[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-11-22mm-2-8-3-5-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0001M47FG"] results like this.[/ame]

It's pretty simple. :p

As for recommendations, I can't give you any because I don't shoot Olympus and I don't know anyone who does.

if you type something like "olympus wide angle" in google, you get results like this.

It's pretty simple. :p

As for recommendations, I can't give you any because I don't shoot Olympus and I don't know anyone who does.

Thanks for showing me google lol.:lol: Yeah I tried that just wanted to know if anyone else had found anything I may have missed. Do people not like Olympus for one reason or another. As far as I know they are good but like I said I am new here.

thanks for the help
chuck

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for showing me google lol.:lol:
Anytime, man! I'll show you again if you ask nicely.

Do people not like Olympus for one reason or another. As far as I know they are good but like I said I am new here.
I don't know how to answer this. Do you own one? If you do, I'll be gentle. I sell cameras all day long, so I get to play with them and learn them. It's admirable that all of the Olympuses are so small and compact. Kudos to them for that. But they all seem to have a completely unnecessary focus-by-wire system which is just silly for an SLR to have. The autofocus is very weak - it bounces around back and forth multiple times before it finally hits the point. The bodies have strange, unintuitive controls and I have a hard time explaining features to customers because of it. This last point is purely personal: the sensor is half size, instead of the APS-c standard of 1.5 crop. I like wide angle, and with these cameras, it's harder to come by.

Olympus just hasn't proven itself to me yet as a valuable set of cameras. Though, my judgment of them isn't set in stone and if they improve, I'll change my opinion. But right now, when customers come in, I always recommend against the Olympus cameras. (Sorry Olympus fans)

Anytime, man! I'll show you again if you ask nicely.

The autofocus is very weak - it bounces around back and forth multiple times before it finally hits the point. The bodies have strange, unintuitive controls and I have a hard time explaining features to customers because of it. This last point is purely personal: the sensor is half size, instead of the APS-c standard of 1.5 crop. I like wide angle, and with these cameras, it's harder to come by.

Olympus just hasn't proven itself to me yet as a valuable set of cameras. Though, my judgment of them isn't set in stone and if they improve, I'll change my opinion. But right now, when customers come in, I always recommend against the Olympus cameras. (Sorry Olympus fans)

Yeah I have a evolt-510. The autofocus is kinda slow but is that the lens or the camera, and I would agree the features are hard to use tell you get use to it then it is pretty easy. I like my camera, it is my first dslr and I have spent some time around olympus om series with family and stuff which was one of the reasons I went with them. I am want to get into the career side of this.

thanks again
chuck

B&H have a nice 7-14 mm wide angle.

The ugly part is the price, around $1600

Most reactions

Back