Wide Angle Lenses

gugo747

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I want to buy a wide angle lens for a hasselblad 500c/m, but i've never had one, and i dont know how big is the difference between a 40mm a 50mm (which is not as expensive as the 40mm) or the 80mm that i have right now.

So, i was wondering if there is a website where i can see pictures taken with different lenses to compare them or if you could tell me if the pictures will really look different or not.

thanks

gugo747 said:
Hi, I want to buy a wide angle lens for a hasselblad 500c/m, but i've never had one, and i dont know how big is the difference between a 40mm a 50mm (which is not as expensive as the 40mm) or the 80mm that i have right now.

So, i was wondering if there is a website where i can see pictures taken with different lenses to compare them or if you could tell me if the pictures will really look different or not.

thanks

The difference between a 50mm and a 40mm on a Hassy 500CM is about the same as the difference between a 35mm and a 28mm lens on a 35mm camera. The 80mm is for the Hassy what the 50mm is for the 35mm camera. So yes, there will be a difference.

IMHO, the 50mm Distagon is a better buy (cheaper too) than the 40mm. Yes, there is a difference in coverage but not enough to warrant buying it instead of the 50mm. Now, talking about the 30mm... That's a different story. :wink:

Why do you think the 50mm is better that the 40mm besides the price??

gugo747 said:
Why do you think the 50mm is better that the 40mm besides the price??

Weight (40mm heavier), filter size (40mm has a 93mm size filter, an odd and expensive one, the old 50mm has a 67mm size filter, pretty common), aperture range (4-22 for the 40mm and 4-32 for the 50mm)...

But mainly the price... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back