Wide angle.

petto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 11, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
8
Location
Portland, OR
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother has the10-22 canon wide angle for his rebel and loves it. I think it would capture that angle in your example.
 
OP
RachRobPhotog

RachRobPhotog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Location
Conway, AR
petto said:
My brother has the10-22 canon wide angle for his rebel and loves it. I think it would capture that angle in your example.

Yeah I've read good things and that's in my consideration box. Thabks
 

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
1,967
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
14mm? It's the widest large aperture prime that Canon makes. That doesn't mean that a Canon took that photo, but the Canon probably makes the highest quality lens in that range for their system.

There is also the Tokina 11-16mm that is supposed to be good as well
 

Edsport

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
886
Reaction score
76
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some info from your example photo...

Camera: Nikon D3
Lens: 14-24 mm f/2.8
Shot at 14 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, f/8
 

Overread

has a hat around here somewhere
Staff member
Supporting Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
25,367
Reaction score
4,938
Location
UK - England
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

analog.universe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,923
Reaction score
330
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since that lens was taken at 14mm on a full frame camera, the only lens in production that can get you that field of view on the T3i is the Sigma 8-16mm. 14mm on FF is about 8.75mm on APS-C.
 
OP
RachRobPhotog

RachRobPhotog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Location
Conway, AR
Edsport said:
Here's some info from your example photo...

Camera: Nikon D3
Lens: 14-24 mm f/2.8
Shot at 14 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, f/8

Yes I know it was taken with a Nikon I know the photographer. I was wondering if there was a canon lens similar to the Nikon one to get the similar effect. Thanks
 
OP
RachRobPhotog

RachRobPhotog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Location
Conway, AR
analog.universe said:
Since that lens was taken at 14mm on a full frame camera, the only lens in production that can get you that field of view on the T3i is the Sigma 8-16mm. 14mm on FF is about 8.75mm on APS-C.

Ok thanks that helps.
 

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
3,544
Reaction score
1,650
Location
San Diego, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Depending on your budget, the Canon 17-55 F2.8 is a stellar EF-S lens.
 

stephen.shelley

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Location
Homestead, Florida
Website
www.stephenshelleyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I purchased the Canon 10-22 last year and have been very happy with it. I primarily shoot landscapes on Tripods so the lack of IS was not an issue for me, nor was the fact that it only shot 3.5 on the wide end. If you shoot a lot handheld or in low light you might want to check out some of the other options out there. The Tokina was my second choice behind the canon but I wanted the larger range and wider angle at 10 mm vs 11 mm. I have almost never been in situations where I wish I could go wider. I have even had to retake a shot because my feet or the tripod sneak in the bottom of the frame. I shoot on a cropped sensor camera.
 
OP
RachRobPhotog

RachRobPhotog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Location
Conway, AR
stephen.shelley said:
I purchased the Canon 10-22 last year and have been very happy with it. I primarily shoot landscapes on Tripods so the lack of IS was not an issue for me, nor was the fact that it only shot 3.5 on the wide end. If you shoot a lot handheld or in low light you might want to check out some of the other options out there. The Tokina was my second choice behind the canon but I wanted the larger range and wider angle at 10 mm vs 11 mm. I have almost never been in situations where I wish I could go wider. I have even had to retake a shot because my feet or the tripod sneak in the bottom of the frame. I shoot on a cropped sensor camera.

Thanks so much. This was helpful
 

Most reactions

Top