Wide angle.

My brother has the10-22 canon wide angle for his rebel and loves it. I think it would capture that angle in your example.

petto said:
My brother has the10-22 canon wide angle for his rebel and loves it. I think it would capture that angle in your example.

Yeah I've read good things and that's in my consideration box. Thabks

14mm? It's the widest large aperture prime that Canon makes. That doesn't mean that a Canon took that photo, but the Canon probably makes the highest quality lens in that range for their system.

There is also the Tokina 11-16mm that is supposed to be good as well

Here's some info from your example photo...

Camera: Nikon D3
Lens: 14-24 mm f/2.8
Shot at 14 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, f/8

Since that lens was taken at 14mm on a full frame camera, the only lens in production that can get you that field of view on the T3i is the Sigma 8-16mm. 14mm on FF is about 8.75mm on APS-C.

Edsport said:
Here's some info from your example photo...

Camera: Nikon D3
Lens: 14-24 mm f/2.8
Shot at 14 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, f/8

Yes I know it was taken with a Nikon I know the photographer. I was wondering if there was a canon lens similar to the Nikon one to get the similar effect. Thanks

analog.universe said:
Since that lens was taken at 14mm on a full frame camera, the only lens in production that can get you that field of view on the T3i is the Sigma 8-16mm. 14mm on FF is about 8.75mm on APS-C.

Ok thanks that helps.

Depending on your budget, the Canon 17-55 F2.8 is a stellar EF-S lens.

I purchased the Canon 10-22 last year and have been very happy with it. I primarily shoot landscapes on Tripods so the lack of IS was not an issue for me, nor was the fact that it only shot 3.5 on the wide end. If you shoot a lot handheld or in low light you might want to check out some of the other options out there. The Tokina was my second choice behind the canon but I wanted the larger range and wider angle at 10 mm vs 11 mm. I have almost never been in situations where I wish I could go wider. I have even had to retake a shot because my feet or the tripod sneak in the bottom of the frame. I shoot on a cropped sensor camera.

stephen.shelley said:
I purchased the Canon 10-22 last year and have been very happy with it. I primarily shoot landscapes on Tripods so the lack of IS was not an issue for me, nor was the fact that it only shot 3.5 on the wide end. If you shoot a lot handheld or in low light you might want to check out some of the other options out there. The Tokina was my second choice behind the canon but I wanted the larger range and wider angle at 10 mm vs 11 mm. I have almost never been in situations where I wish I could go wider. I have even had to retake a shot because my feet or the tripod sneak in the bottom of the frame. I shoot on a cropped sensor camera.

Thanks so much. This was helpful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back